Associate CISSP advice

tedzbulsareztedzbulsarez Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a question?

I would like to start studying for the associate CISSP exam as I don't yet have the experience for a full CISSP.

The problem I have is that I have a few convictions on my criminal record. None for hacking or anything to do with computer misuse, I might add.
icon_sad.gif

Will this be held against me by the (ISC)2? & will I be unable to get an associate CISSP?

Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There is no law enforcement background check for (ISC)2 certification. To become certified, you must agree to abide by the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics. Violating the code of ethics can cause your (ISC)2 certification(s) to be permanently revoked.
  • tedzbulsareztedzbulsarez Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks JD,

Do I need any experience in the Domains to become an associate?
  • pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks JD,

Do I need any experience in the Domains to become an associate?
    no you become an associate simply by passing the exam.

keep in mind, if you dont have any experience, you might be better served waiting on taking the exam until you get some experience(unless you need it for a specific job).
    If you plan on taking the CISSP exam, you really need to be familiar with all of the information about it on www.isc2.org, including what's in the CISSP Candidate Information Bulletin.
    Thank you for your prompt responses.

Do you recommend any courses/exams pre associate CISSP?
    For certifications to get before the CISSP, we typically recommend looking in to the CompTIA Security+ certification first for anyone interested in Information Security. The Sec+ will give you a good idea of the topics covered by certification and careers in InfoSec. For people interested in going past the Sec+, but don't have the requisite amount of experience for the CISSP, the SSCP and GSEC are recommended for general InfoSec certs, and people like the CEH, GCIH, GPEN, and OSCP for more specialized InfoSec certs.
    Thanks for all the great replies.

How much does the CISSP exam cost to sit in the UK?
  • newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    Thanks for all the great replies.

How much does the CISSP exam cost to sit in the UK?

You need to get a pen and paper, then go here www.isc2.org and read!