Options

Paul Browning and Farai Tafa - CCNP Study Material

T.AbbasiT.Abbasi Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I've started my CCNP studies. Aside from the FG, OLG, cbtnuggets, and chris bryant material, anyone used Paul Browning/Farai Tafa's CCNP study guides. I came across them at Amazon's site. For $9.99 kindle edition per guide, it might be a worthy alternate to refresh and review, comes with switch/route/tshoot/101 ccnp labs. - $40 in total.

Amazon.com: paul browning ccnp

Just wondering if others have had experience with this.

Thanks for reading.

/regards

Comments

• Options
    BrakarificBrakarific Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where I work we aren't allowed to bring in electronics at all (long story). So I bought the Hard Copy of his Route Book, CCNP Route Simplified. I think it explains the material in a much easier to read way than does the official Cisco stuff. I would still recommend getting the Foundation Guide, or the Official Cert Guide, but for first time reading I have recommended Paul Browning's stuff to my friends at work. It is close to 1000 pages, so you know he isn't skimping on information either. The writing style reminds me of Todd Lammle's books if that is any help.
  • Options
    T.AbbasiT.Abbasi Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Brakarific wrote: »
    Where I work we aren't allowed to bring in electronics at all (long story). So I bought the Hard Copy of his Route Book, CCNP Route Simplified. I think it explains the material in a much easier to read way than does the official Cisco stuff. I would still recommend getting the Foundation Guide, or the Official Cert Guide, but for first time reading I have recommended Paul Browning's stuff to my friends at work. It is close to 1000 pages, so you know he isn't skimping on information either. The writing style reminds me of Todd Lammle's books if that is any help.

Great, thank you for the response. That is exactly what I plan on doing too, read Paul Browning first, and then delve into Cisco Press books. I'll get his guides. Thank you again.