Options

Contracting in Oz

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey,

has any non Aussie citizens went to Australia to go into Contracting over there? Its something ive been thinking about for a long time and would be interested in hearing your experiences and any tips you can give? Im under 31 (2) and are a UK citizen so could go under the working holiday visa program but have also been told that it is possible to get sponsored contract positions? Does anyone have any good websites that they could recommend from personal use?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nel wrote: »
    hey,

has any non Aussie citizens went to Australia to go into Contracting over there? Its something ive been thinking about for a long time and would be interested in hearing your experiences and any tips you can give? Im under 31 (2) and are a UK citizen so could go under the working holiday visa program but have also been told that it is possible to get sponsored contract positions? Does anyone have any good websites that they could recommend from personal use?

I think its oversubscribed but let people in Australia give you the low down. There was a Cisco boom beginning of the last decade, same as in Brazil but it's slowed down. Far fewer passes on groupstudy these days.

Caveat..you are very employable with a great British degree and your experience, but are the jobs there, thats the question.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey turg,

indeed i agree. Im not really looking for long term opportunities but rather to give me a way to travel their country with abit income from a short term contract as its one of my goals to go travelling there before i get "older" :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nel wrote: »
    hey turg,

indeed i agree. Im not really looking for long term opportunities but rather to give me a way to travel their country with abit income from a short term contract as its one of my goals to go travelling there before i get "older" :D

Well if you just want the experience I think there might be something there for you. There are places in Australia where the pay sucks but there are jobs. Check out Perth, Darwin..backwaters..nobody wants to work there but they need people.