Pause Break key and alternate ways do not work on packet tracer 5.3.3!

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guyz, yesterday i was examining a topology and needed to change the current password. However, due to the fact that laptop i owned doesn't have the break key but pause break and it doesn't work either, i couldn't be able to do the thing i
wanted.

i attempted to drop to the rommon mode by break method also tried alternate ways but it always sent me to the user mode after boot.

I tried ctrl + pause break, nothing worked.

I also watched the youtube videos for solution but never worked.

Any ideas?
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    thedrama wrote: »
    Hey guyz, yesterday i was examining a topology and needed to change the current password. However, due to the fact that laptop i owned doesn't have the break key but pause break and it doesn't work either, i couldn't be able to do the thing i
    wanted.

i attempted to drop to the rommon mode by break method also tried alternate ways but it always sent me to the user mode after boot.

I tried ctrl + pause break, nothing worked.

I also watched the youtube videos for solution but never worked.

Any ideas?

Hi thedrama, no I think your right you can't do it in PT. I've tried this before and it didn't work.
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This works for me in PT 5.3.3

Password recovery in Packet Tracer
    Turn router off
    Turn router back on
    During the image load, pres & hold Ctrl+Shift+Fn/F6+C to interrupt the boot sequence
    at the ROMMON > confreg 0x2142
    Follow steps to recover password

On my laptop, I need the "Fn" key to press F6, push all keys down together
    You can also type reload instead of turning the router off, then back on.

hth
  • thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    This works for me in PT 5.3.3

Password recovery in Packet Tracer
    Turn router off
    Turn router back on
    During the image load, pres & hold Ctrl+Shift+Fn/F6+C to interrupt the boot sequence
    at the ROMMON > confreg 0x2142
    Follow steps to recover password

On my laptop, I need the "Fn" key to press F6, push all keys down together
    You can also type reload instead of turning the router off, then back on.

hth

Thanks for the combo. I'll try that in a second. :D

Edit : it worked on router but not on l2 switch. However, i met another problem. It dropped into rommon 1, but once i typed 0x2142, it showed me rommon 2 then rommon 3 . Whats happening?

it took forever; rommon 2,3,4 and so on. Then i typed "boot". After that, router booted again and IOS was loaded. Once loading finished, set up mode came up.icon_lol.gif

BUT

Doesn't work on l2 switches.
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)