I passed my quality management exam at work

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
There are several levels of quality management and I passed the first one. It feels good to get this under my belt. I am currently a contractor and I am looking to get on as a employee ASAP. That's why this Six Sigma based exam was a good one to get done. Working at a hospital, quality is critical.

Just thought I would share that.

Comments

• rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    WTG! icon_cheers.gif
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks rw!

I appreciate the gratz! It was a lot of Six Sigma processes and definitions.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I know some guys who have their Green Belt/live in Six Sigma land. They said it was a lot of work, so congratulations is due for your accomplishment!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
    To be honest I had a huge leg up. The quality management process in the PMI course material hits on a lot of the high level processes and tools/techniques that Six Sigma discusses. There are a some differences, but some processes and defintions completely cascade each other.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice one Pat! So does this also give you a cert or this exam was the first of several before you get a cert?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Essendon wrote: »
    Nice one Pat! So does this also give you a cert or this exam was the first of several before you get a cert?

It synches up with Six Sigma methodology, but customized to the hospital I work for. There are several more that can be achieved but they are pretty difficult. Actually the last 2 are nearly impossible. You have to publish articles and actually teach people the methodology.

The next one is Silver and that one requires a series of test and a project. Not easy. Most people that obtain this are medical doctors and research scientist.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    N2IT wrote: »
    There are several more that can be achieved but they are pretty difficult. Actually the last 2 are nearly impossible. You have to publish articles and actually teach people the methodology.

If there's someone who can do it, it's YOU. Go hammer them out.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was Googling this to figure out what it even was. This thread is one of the first Google results.

Big congrats, anyhow. Mayo is definitely a desirable employer, and hopefully they'll pick you up permanently. You and your wife are both very fortunate.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
    Things are going good. I'm not quite in a position of management or strategy, but I have grown to accept that. If something comes along or they choose to hire me I will be ready to accept. It's a very nice culture and stronger leadership at the top. Their employees received raises and bonuses in 2008-2009. Not many companies can lay claim to that.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Nice work!

A lot of those topics are so abstract they can be really tough to wrap your head around. I just dabble and get lost in all the service terminology. Again, nice work.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
    onesaint wrote: »
    Nice work!

A lot of those topics are so abstract they can be really tough to wrap your head around. I just dabble and get lost in all the service terminology. Again, nice work.

This exam was most quality, Six Sigma, and LEAN. ITSM is probably my strongest knowledge set in the "management world". I have always been a natural technologist, so these frameworks are a challenging. However I have read several books on Six Sigma and LEAN and have the high-level and mid-level down pretty good.
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Congrats! I'm now thankful that my professor taught us Six Sigma and to use the methodology in our Senior projects. Sounds like something you need to know out in the business world!

congrats man and good luck!!!
    Higherho I agree that's great you have that knowledge.

Any training that is free, teaches you a solid methodology inside and outside your environment, and is scalable to all environments is of great value IMO.