SEC+ Exam is this afternoon!

MikeRizzLeMikeRizzLe ■□□□□□□□□□ Posts: 4Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
I take the exam this afternoon at 12:00PM. I have been studying for a few months off and on, and have been cramming for the last 2 weeks. With the help of Darril Gibson's SY0-301 Practive Test Questions book and his SY0-301 Study Guide I feel prepared. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous. Wish me luck! I will post my score this afternoon, and any pointers I can gave after I have seen the test.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the informative posting!

Comments

  • N2ITN2IT Posts: 7,483Inactive Imported Users
    Good luck bring back a winner
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Posts: 243Member
    We all get nervous before our exams, best of luck, sounds like you have prepared well.
    The Wings of Technology
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Posts: 920Member
    Good luck and keep us posted!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • SponxSponx Posts: 161Member
    Would love to know the outcome! Good luck!
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | [URL="http://community.spiceworks.com/profile/show/Brian Lowell"]Spiceworks Account[/URL] | Field Services Engineer

    Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Too many to name Posts: 242Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wish you the best on the exam.
  • MikeRizzLeMikeRizzLe ■□□□□□□□□□ Posts: 4Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed with an 825! The exam was a bit difficult at times, but when you slow down and think through some of the situational questions the answer was very logical. I felt very nervous before and during the test, I keep second guessing my answers but I was able to settle down and remember the material. I recommend studying as many practice questions as possible, don't go over the same questions over and over mix it up. And be sure to know the material. I read though Darril Gibson's SY0-301 Study guide, it took about a month going at a slow pace and then I wwnt through all of the Darril Gibson's SY0-301 Practice Questions Guide a number of times. I recommend reading the answer explanations to every question because alot of the questions where similar to the questions I used to study but they where asked in a different way. It was go knowing what the answer was and why it was the correct answer.

    All that said it wasn't too bad.
  • DarrilDarril Posts: 1,588Member
    Congratulations. Glad to hear the books helped.

    Best of luck on your next adventure.
  • SponxSponx Posts: 161Member
    Great job! I need to get his book soon. :)
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | [URL="http://community.spiceworks.com/profile/show/Brian Lowell"]Spiceworks Account[/URL] | Field Services Engineer

    Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)
  • techie2012techie2012 Posts: 150Member
    MikeRizzLe wrote: »
    I passed with an 825! The exam was a bit difficult at times, but when you slow down and think through some of the situational questions the answer was very logical. I felt very nervous before and during the test, I keep second guessing my answers but I was able to settle down and remember the material. I recommend studying as many practice questions as possible, don't go over the same questions over and over mix it up. And be sure to know the material. I read though Darril Gibson's SY0-301 Study guide, it took about a month going at a slow pace and then I wwnt through all of the Darril Gibson's SY0-301 Practice Questions Guide a number of times. I recommend reading the answer explanations to every question because alot of the questions where similar to the questions I used to study but they where asked in a different way. It was go knowing what the answer was and why it was the correct answer.

    All that said it wasn't too bad.

    Great job!! What next? :D
    (CCNP: Switch) Passed!
    (CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
    (CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
    (Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:
  • secureheadsecurehead ■□□□□□□□□□ Posts: 4Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I was going to take mine today but the testing centers are full. Oops. :)

    To Mr. Techie 2012-- I noticed WGU on your sig. Is that Western Governors University? If I may ask, how long have you been with the program and how are you finding it to be? It seems a good solution for my situation, working 7 days a week and newborn twins here.
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Posts: 827Banned
    icon_cheers.gif icon_cheers.gif Congrats Rizzle!!! icon_cheers.gif icon_cheers.gif
    Justin Hutchens
    www.linkedin.com/in/justinhutchens
    http://www.youtube.com/drstarskymrhutch - BackTrack / Kali-Linux Tutorials - CHECK EM OUT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! :thumbup:
  • usagent27usagent27 Posts: 119Member
    I'm not MRTechie but i am in the program now. I started on 03/01/12 and have already completed 2 classes. So far i love the program. You go at your own pace and the materials they provide are pretty good. If you need a referral or want to chat about it shoot me a PM
    WGU Progress: started 03/01/12-08/31/12
    Courses transfered: AVX1, CPV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses Completed: WFV1, CWV1, MGC1,CRV1, BNC1, DEV1, CTV1, DHV1, DIV1, TPV1, RIT1, Cuv1, BOV1, KET1, CJV1, CVV1, DJV1, SBT1,QZT1, DFV1,KFT1
    Completed in one term
  • ViciousQueViciousQue ■□□□□□□□□□ Posts: 5Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I have a month between the ITIL PPO and OSA, so I was thinking about doing Network+ or Security+ which one do you believe has a higher standing? I have seen jobs that say they will take N+ or S+ but never a job that required S+ accepting a N+.
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Too many to name Posts: 242Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • MikeRizzLeMikeRizzLe ■□□□□□□□□□ Posts: 4Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    ViciousQue wrote: »
    Congratulations, I have a month between the ITIL PPO and OSA, so I was thinking about doing Network+ or Security+ which one do you believe has a higher standing? I have seen jobs that say they will take N+ or S+ but never a job that required S+ accepting a N+.

    I chose to take Sec+ because the majority of the positions I am looking at fall under the DOD (Department of Defense), and to even be considered for a civil service position with any type of security clearance Sec+ is required. I have seen a few positoins that prefer an applicant has Net+ but they do not require it.
  • MikeRizzLeMikeRizzLe ■□□□□□□□□□ Posts: 4Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    techie2012 wrote: »
    Great job!! What next? :D

    Next I am going to finish my bachelor's degree. I just finished my A.A.S. time to step up to the next level.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Posts: 920Member
    Congratz! Woot!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • techie2012techie2012 Posts: 150Member
    securehead wrote: »
    Congratulations! I was going to take mine today but the testing centers are full. Oops. :)

    To Mr. Techie 2012-- I noticed WGU on your sig. Is that Western Governors University? If I may ask, how long have you been with the program and how are you finding it to be? It seems a good solution for my situation, working 7 days a week and newborn twins here.

    I actually started the program November 1st. I completed TSV1 and TPV1 first term. Those are classes for the Security+ and Project+. I could have completed them in a month or two if I had of focused on them but I go into academic hibernation during the winter. This term I am planning on completing the rest of my program in 2 to 3 months. I enjoy the program overall. You are provided with adequate learning materials, the mentors are always available should you need assistance and the tuition is awesome!
    (CCNP: Switch) Passed!
    (CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
    (CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
    (Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Posts: 243Member
    Congrats, welcome to the sec+ club, the beers are on us:)
    The Wings of Technology
  • KeenerKeener ■■■■□□□□□□ Posts: 146Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed my Network+ yesterday and I am working on Security+ next.
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • rwmidlrwmidl CISSP, CISM, MCSE, MCSA, MCPxAlot Worldwide AvailabilityPosts: 807Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
Sign In or Register to comment.