CCIE R&S Written where to begin?

eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

Just wondering where do i start for the CCIE Written exam, i dont know if you could share your experiences and stuff, that would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance
"Almost..... is as good as Nothing"

Comments

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eduromer wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Just wondering where do i start for the CCIE Written exam, i dont know if you could share your experiences and stuff, that would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance

Take a look at the blueprint on cisco.com. Read the CCIE Written Exam Guide, and purchase the Boson Practice tests (these are legal). Read everything you can get your hands on. You can look at some of the other posts to see what others have done.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Take a look at the blueprint on cisco.com. Read the CCIE Written Exam Guide, and purchase the Boson Practice tests (these are legal). .

I have the CCIE written EXam Guide and already read the blueprint, seems like a lot of information, so i dont know if i should just start with the exam guide and take it from there, or i dont know.. there are alot of info for the lab, but not so much for the written....

Regarding the Boson, you mean its not a **** by legal right? :) thanks for replying
    Yes sir, 100% ****-free. A lot of people **** their way through the written, but the way I see it is, if you can't pass the written, you have no chance with the lab. My journey for the written started by reading the exam guide to establish a mental framework. I read a bunch of topic specific books and cisco docs.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Yes sir, 100% ****-free. A lot of people **** their way through the written, but the way I see it is, if you can't pass the written, you have no chance with the lab. My journey for the written started by reading the exam guide to establish a mental framework. I read a bunch of topic specific books and cisco docs.

:D Awesome!!! ill look into that then sounds good, this weekend ill plan to start the studies :D thank you again, have a great weekend
    You too.
  • iftishahiftishah Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys, if you have idvices then try the INE in apple appstore, just search CCIE. I have installed it on my iPad and works great. The questions with explanation are like real exam. The exhibit part looks so cool as you can zoom in out and move it around for ease. The same app works on my iPhone so i can practice in dead times like traveling. It is free to download with sample questions but the rest 480 questions costs around $17 which is nothing in comparison to Boson or other web based practice exams. I have completed 2 practice exams and as i am proceeding my accuracy is improving.