Options

New job...

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
I had a phone interview and an in-person with multiple managers...two weeks later..a job offer that's 60% more than my current salary icon_thumright.gif. My new role is a NOC position with a cable/ internet company. I received this job with only 6 months of IT experience + Network+ & CCENT. The hiring manager said I was only brought into the interview process because of my certifications (because I barely had any IT experience). It doesn't always happen this way but my certifications were the main reason of me landing the position. Now I can pay off my car within 6 months..YESSS lol

**They offered $7,000 more than I asked for**

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Congrats! Quite the jump there.
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    That's unacceptable! Demand you get paid what you asked for. icon_smile.gif Congrats!
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    That's unacceptable! Demand you get paid what you asked for. icon_smile.gif Congrats!

I was literally shocked when she gave me the compensation package. I fax in my offer sheet tomorrow!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats for the new job and the pay hike!!

I remember something similar happening to one of our other members, MRock4, he said he asked for 70K or something, and they offered him 95K!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Congrats! I hope it goes well for you!! icon_cheers.gif Networking guys hit me right here <3 (no heart emote, sorry icon_sad.gif)
  • Options
    coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro, I'm happy for you; it's always a good feeling when you get the job you want. More pay than you asked for doesn't hurt either :D
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! What I also like about this company is that I can grow with them..they have multiple Linux jobs, obviously more networking jobs and even WiFi jobs.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the new job that is awesome. Start getting in good with the security team and maybe in 6 months you can land a position there.
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Time for a celebration! Congrats!
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had a phone interview and an in-person with multiple managers...two weeks later..a job offer that's 60% more than my current salary icon_thumright.gif. My new role is a NOC position with a cable/ internet company. I received this job with only 6 months of IT experience + Network+ & CCENT. The hiring manager said I was only brought into the interview process because of my certifications (because I barely had any IT experience). It doesn't always happen this way but my certifications were the main reason of me landing the position. Now I can pay off my car within 6 months..YESSS lol

**They offered $7,000 more than I asked for**

Congrats!! Just curious....what certs do you have?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    Congrats!! Just curious....what certs do you have?

Network+ and CCENT
  • Options
    Congrats on the new job that is awesome. Start getting in good with the security team and maybe in 6 months you can land a position there.

That's an awesome idea icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on new job!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Thats great man! Gratz
    meh
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Big congratz! If you don't mind me asking, how did they find you? Linkedin?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    I applied for the position and I used Dice, Indeed, and SimplyHired
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome post. This is what it's all about. Nice work!
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

It's rare but sometimes you find companies that pay good money for experience and certifications. It happened to me once when I was offered almost 20% more than I asked for. It was a great company because they really knew the value of their employees.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    lordy wrote: »
    Congratulations!

It's rare but sometimes you find companies that pay good money for experience and certifications. It happened to me once when I was offered almost 20% more than I asked for. It was a great company because they really knew the value of their employees.

Exactly! Their 1st impressions has been a great one...it makes me want to stay with them for a long time.
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations man. Seems you'd be going be the networking route, rather than your preferred linux job.
    Anyways, congratulations again. Hard work pays.
  • Options
    joneno wrote: »
    Congratulations man. Seems you'd be going be the networking route, rather than your preferred linux job.
    Anyways, congratulations again. Hard work pays.

You are correct. They money was hard to turn down but the good thing is that they have a good amount of Linux jobs. I'm putting off my Red Hat studies for now but I might pick up again when it gets closer to my 1 year mark sp I can actually apply for internal jobs.
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You are correct. They money was hard to turn down but the good thing is that they have a good amount of Linux jobs. I'm putting off my Red Hat studies for now but I might pick up again when it gets closer to my 1 year mark sp I can actually apply for internal jobs.

Life throws us a curve at different point in time. As humans, we have to react/make life changing decisions. I wanted to go the linux route too, but I got a M$/desktop job(with my MCSA) that I couldn't refuse, cool benefits, and at the end of the month I still have some money left in my savings account. I had to drop the michael Jang RHCSA book and try to upgrade to MCITP:EA. I just want to pay my bills man, I'm one of those I.T prostitutes, for lack of a better word.
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratzz!
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    jabneyjabney Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the job! I love to hear wonderful news like this!