Regarding which certification is best????

viswavardhanreddyviswavardhanreddy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi every one,
This is viswa from bangalore.... i have completed my masters degree from sweden in the field of telecomm... I am very much interested in networking so i choose this field...

I have completed my ccna certification in last year october.. 2011... presently i am working as tech support exe in a small company..... in bangalore..

Right now parallely i am doing the course of checkpoint network security admin.. CCSA.... can any one suggest me whther it is good or not?

with regards,
viswa

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not trying to be funny, but the best certification is the one you

a. enjoy working / studying for
    b. need to progress in a current job
    c. is required to get a job you'd love

a) being the most important one to be honest. No point in going for exams because they are "the best" if you don't enjoy it...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sage advice there by jibbajabba. Follow and you shalt no err!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • viswavardhanreddyviswavardhanreddy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually i am in a confusion state and that also this is my career starting r8? so thats y i dont know whether i am in r8 path or not? can any one tell me whether i am in r8 path?

With best regards,
    viswavardhan
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Actually i am in a confusion state and that also this is my career starting r8? so thats y i dont know whether i am in r8 path or not? can any one tell me whether i am in r8 path?

With best regards,
    viswavardhan

I believe the point of the previous posts was that there is no "right" path. I am trying to think of ways to say what I am thinking without sounding like I am quoting some tidbit from zen I heard on TV or read in the Tao of Pooh. If you encounter checkpoint products inyour job then the choice is probably good. Even if you are just interested in security then the choice may be good or perhaps a more general course on security or perhaps a different vendor path such as CCNA security. We can't tell what your path is and I wouldn't want someone to tell me what my path should be. My path certainly wanders in many directions. Take the advice offered by jibbajabba.
  • viswavardhanreddyviswavardhanreddy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks a lot gosh 1976.... You people are really awesome and making me to understand myself and to believe in myself.... what ever i do i must love and i must enjoy it....... :)
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    CCNA is an excellent certification. Knowledge of routing and switching will be helpful in any field of IT. Unfortunately, no certification by itself is guaranteed to land you a high paying job. Best solution is stay active in pursuing your interests, and make those interests known in the workplace. If you aren't working in the department you like, volunteer any extra time you have to help out in areas you are interested in. Just because you aren't being paid to do a job, doesn't mean you can't learn it. And this persistence will often pay off.

Getting a concentration for your CCNA (wireless, voice or security) may open up some opportunities too.