Server 2003 user login issue

yazan84yazan84 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have MS server 2003 installed on a virtual player and I have an issue with user login,

So I installed active directory and configured DNS settings properly. However, if I create a user and try to login to the domain from the same computer it shows the following message

"The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively"

I did the following:
- made sure that the user is under the main domain
- checked security policy regarding login and deny logins
- made sure that user can login at all times

Im still having the same issue!!!

Any idea or solution?

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Take a look at the group policy for that server. More specifically what you'll be interested in are the policies under Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    By default, domain users are not permitted to logon to a domain controller locally. You'll have to modify the domain controller security policy at the location specified by undomiel. You'll want to modify the "allow logon locally" permission. Or just assign the user to one of these builtin groups in AD: account operators, administrators, backup operators, print operators, server operators. Don't forget to run a gpupdate /force to apply the change immediately, otherwise you'll still get the error unless you reboot.

logon_locally.jpg
    yazan84 wrote: »
    I have MS server 2003 installed on a virtual player and I have an issue with user login,

So I installed active directory and configured DNS settings properly. However, if I create a user and try to login to the domain from the same computer it shows the following message

"The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively"

I did the following:
    - made sure that the user is under the main domain
    - checked security policy regarding login and deny logins
    - made sure that user can login at all times

Im still having the same issue!!!

Any idea or solution?
  • yazan84yazan84 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote: »
    Take a look at the group policy for that server. More specifically what you'll be interested in are the policies under Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights.

Thank you icon_thumright.gif, see I was doing the exact same thing but under User Configuration in GP