CCNP at last...

Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
6 months of work. From last november to today. Passed TSHOOT (found it very easy actually) today.

ROUTE= toughest one for me.
SWITCH = most fun for me.
TSHOOT = a formality. Start pinging from the source to destination to see where it stops (can't traceroute), then look at the config and figure out the screwup.

I'm 42, been working in IT since I turned 19. Passed CCNA last year for fun, to challenge myself and to understand how to setup my damn manageable switch lol. Big mistake ;) Never thought in my life I'd love routing and switching stuff... But it's a lot fun!

Next step? I have a lot of stuff to do in the next few months... Vmware architecture, SRM, then Exchange migration, then VDI (Vmware View) deployment. Maybe... Just maybe... after that, I'll start watching some CBTs for the CCIE. Just for fun... icon_twisted.gif
Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
Working on: CCNA Datacenter (2nd exam), Renewing VMware certs...

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Leave all that other boring crap and concentrate on the fun stuff! :D
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Dude! I finished the CCNP up today with the TSHOOT and I think it was probably the easiest Cisco exam I have taken.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations! Great job! The CCNP is going to be my big certification that I work on next year. I might pick all of your brains when that time comes :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Congrats everyone! It's a great achievement! It definitely takes some real knowledge and application of said knowledge to get through the new CCNP track :)
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's awesome, congrats!
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!

You are now one of 100,000 CCNPs. :)

The big question is, when you will begin your journey to become one of the 20,000 R&S CCIEs. :p
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MrBishopMrBishop Member Posts: 229
    Congrats! Architect192 & Silver bullet for getting your CCNP. I'm about 3 weeks out from completing my journey and its always good to hear when someone passed. Since, Cisco revamped their blue print for their exams, it has renewed my passion in going after my number. I wish you guy/gals luck who will be attempting theirs.
    Degrees
    M.S. Internet Engineering | M.S. Information Assurance
    B.S. Information Technology | A.A.S Information Technology
    Certificaions
    Currently pursuing: CCIE R&Sv5
  • TridztanTridztan Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and well done. It's never too late in one's life to be certified.
  • MrBishopMrBishop Member Posts: 229
    Tridztan wrote: »
    Congrats and well done. It's never too late in one's life to be certified.

I agree 100% The learning process never ends!
    Degrees
    M.S. Internet Engineering | M.S. Information Assurance
    B.S. Information Technology | A.A.S Information Technology
    Certificaions
    Currently pursuing: CCIE R&Sv5
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations and good luck on whatever you do next!
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks all... I am feeling a bit of withdrawal right now after studying so much... Started the CCNA Security for fun lol
    Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
  • clikcspeedclikcspeed Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Architect! Hope to join you in soon. What's next?
    -clikc-
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I hear that CCIE just for fun; well let us know how it goes.
    Congrats on the pass. I hear that CCIE just for fun; well let us know how it goes.

Well I'm a generalist, never worked in telecom and don't know if that's for me - I'm doing it for the knowledge and understanding, but I don't think I need to go prove myself as a top notch troubleshooting engineer. As my handle states, I'm more into designing solutions than operating/troubleshooting nowadays.

On my current mandate, I had to design a small/midsize infrastructure (Cisco 4900, 3560X, ASA 5500, Ironports), so it got me really motivated to push through for the CCNP (I didn't have a clue how to design this :) and my client was ok with it lol).

The hands on experience I got from all this is priceless and was fun as hell. Every step of the project, when things fell into place the way they should, I was thrilled :) (been a while since I felt like that).

The ASA was something new for me as well, and I got a good hands-on practice with it so I'm looking at the CCNA security material for now... Just to fill in the gaps :)
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    "The hands on experience I got from all this is priceless and was fun as hell. Every step of the project, when things fell into place the way they should, I was thrilled :) (been a while since I felt like that)."

Well good job. When a client takes a chance on you and lets you implement and deploy new products for them its really priceless. I look at field experience is always great with new equipment like ASA's. The ASA 5500 series are the best firewall's I've seen in awhile and it's straight forward to configure in GUI or command-line.

I love when customers have the budget for new gear and you test and deploy it's the best feeling versus doing it GNS3/Packet Tracer or virtualization non-production.
    Resurrecting my own old thread... Can't believe it's been 3 years already. I just renewed my CCNP yesterday by passing the 300-206 exam (CCNP Security track). Time flies... As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have had exposure to the ASAs and I figured since I already had the CCNA Security, why not take the firewall exam :)
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job, Architect! Any more upcoming projects as of late?
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
    Awesome job, Architect! Any more upcoming projects as of late?

Work related? Or studies? :)

Work: A fairly large project of splitting up a company from it's head office's infrastructure (AD, Exchange, VMware, Network (MPLS/VPN), applications, name it...) Cool stuff, lots of challenges (some fun ones, so not so much fun).

Studies: I want to take the VCAP-DCA but I have a seriously hard time getting my ass in gear with that one. And I like the technology...
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! ccnp! elite stuff!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome job! I'm actually looking down the same route after I pass my CCNP(Currently studying switch). And hell yeah, man, watch dem CBT's for fun! :)
    2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]

• bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Nice one mate, did you put much study time into recertifying?
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
    Well, since it was a new "track", I went through a CBT, reviewed some articles/documents on Cisco website, relied on my experience and common sense (some questions I had no idea - covering some unexpected topics - so I went with educated guesses. Missed 2 questions overall so I guess I guessed good!) Studied for about a month overall...
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Congrats mate, good effort!