Security+ Tomorrow at 2:15pm!!! Cant wait!

hooky13hooky13 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
Very Excited to be taking my Security+ exam tomorrow. Been reading D's book because I mean what book is better?? (No offense to other books) I am a Systems Administrator at a company currently and have been in the career field for 3 years now. Just turned 26 two days ago Voucher was a good bday gift! Wife is making me a nice big breakfast tomorrow morning and I will be leaving work around noon to have time to go over notes before the test. Wish me luck guys! icon_study.gif

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • longhorn79longhorn79 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck I remember that day I was able to write down my ports and cryptography I always got that confused. After taking the test, I was shocked on how easy it was compared to the NET+.
    2012/2013 Certification Goals:
    ICND1: Work in progress
    ICND2: depends on ICND1
    70-640 AD: if I have time
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck!! And get a good night's sleep and brain food for breakfast!icon_thumright.gif
  • Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    hooky13 wrote: »
    Very Excited to be taking my Security+ exam tomorrow. Been reading D's book because I mean what book is better?? (No offense to other books) I am a Systems Administrator at a company currently and have been in the career field for 3 years now. Just turned 26 two days ago Voucher was a good bday gift! Wife is making me a nice big breakfast tomorrow morning and I will be leaving work around noon to have time to go over notes before the test. Wish me luck guys! icon_study.gif

Good luck.

Looking over your notes is fine, but don't try to cram too hard tomorrow. At this point, you either know the material or you don't. I would focus on relaxing from the end of work until the exam. Listen to some music on your way over to the test center and relax. When you get to the testing center and sit down at the computer, take a deep breath, and then knock that SOB out of the park! :D

If you haven't already done so, read this blog post Darril wrote:

Active Fingerprinting vs Passive Fingerprinting

You may just see that question on the exam. ;)

Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    Carl's Certification Journey | The road to getting certified can often be bumpy
    Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    longhorn79 wrote: »
    Good luck I remember that day I was able to write down my ports and cryptography I always got that confused. After taking the test, I was shocked on how easy it was compared to the NET+.

Your experience is just like mine, I wrote those sukkaz down also, helped a bit I must add. I must also confess I found it way easier than Net+, but then again, I had a few yrs exp under my belt by then. When I first sat N+, I was SH##ing blue bricks, was way under prepared, and only just - <skin of my teeth just!!!> scraped through. Now days those concepts are a walk in the proverbial park (well not quiet!!) but ya know what I mean.

Just my two bobs worth....
    The Wings of Technology
  • hooky13hooky13 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Carl_S_901 wrote: »
    When you get to the testing center and sit down at the computer, take a deep breath, and then knock that SOB out of the park! :D

Bout peed my jeans when i read this part!! lol good advice though and i plan to on that note. Ate me some good brain food this morning, bacon eggs and toast. At my office now not to mention my Exchange server just went down.... icon_rolleyes.gif Thats IT for you..shows NO mercy on Test Day! Thanks guys for all the encouraging tips and advice and I will be back to let you know how I did.