Options

ITIL 2011 : Study material

DivyaKDivyaK Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am a new user and this is my first post.

I am planning to go for ITIL cert and looking for good online study material of the updated version 2011.
for the first time I will be going for any cert... so I do not have enough info. Also, I am not from IT back ground.

Would appericiate your help and suggestions .

Thanks !!

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Divyak

There are lots of great online ITIL Foundation course providers - a google search will give you lots of options. The advice I would give you is to look for accredited training providers (check each website or the list here http://www.itil-officialsite.com/TrainingOrganisations/ATOListing.aspx). By choosing accredited training, you are getting a course that has been assessed for quality and alignment with the syllabus.

Most good training providers will also offer samples of their material so you can judge if it's right for you. You'll find lots of options for under $500USD, including the exam fee.

Good luck!

Claire
  • Options
    Thanks Claire for the link :)

I went through other posts in the forum and I see how helpful you have been to all users. Really appreciate that !!

Another user here mentioned this link IT Process Wiki , wanted to be sure if material provided on this link is sufficient to understand the concepts and ofcourse pass the exam ??

Would love to hear any other inputs from your end.

Divya
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Divya

I'm not familiar with the wiki so I don't know if it will fully prepare you for the exam or not - you could perhaps study it and then try the free Foundation sample exam paper here? http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILQualificationLevels/ITILFoundation.aspx

This will give you a guide as to whether you are prepared or not.

Kind regards

Claire
  • Options
    Thanks for the input...will do so.

Also , side by side I am going through this link on youtube
    ITI597 Available as a Single Subject icon_smile.gif - YouTube

I find it good..Marco cottaneo explains things very well.

Once I am done(not sure how much time it will take) with both these will go for sample papers. Lets see how it goes :)

Thanks again for all the valuable help!

Divya
  • Options
    sdeskssdesks Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Divya

There are lots of good resources on you tube. Just reach out if you want more info
  • Options
    sdesks,

Ya that is the problem..there is lot of material on you tube/internet and I do not know which one is good enough to pass the exam :)
    If you have any idea please let me know .

Thanks
    Divya
  • Options
    chrisurbudchrisurbud Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you want to go for ITIL 2011 foundation course, training is not mandatory. So do not waste your money by enrolling into any institutes.

Buy your ticket/exam voucher straight from Prometric (EXO-117), this is for ITIL 2011
    Foundations in IT service management.The exam fee is $99 as of now.

If you have **** prometric centres, go directly and pay the exam fee, they
    arrange everything for , on your side you just have to be prepared study-wise.

Study material:

Free video is available: ITIL v3 CBT nuggets. just google it and download from any
    torrent about 176 MB video tutorial. lengthy,boring but quite exhaustive, exam-oriented and informative

One Book covers it all: bcs IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
    written by Brewster,Griffiths,Lawes and Sansbury
    -- my suggestion buy a hard copy of this book, you wont regret, less than 190 pages.

Last but not the least:
    STUDY LESS PRACTICE MORE(pass percentage: 65%, 26 out of 40 question, no negative)
    Give sprint sessions on 40 questions at a time
    google with "EXO-117 test question" for sample questions
    Enough to make you practice a lot.Use VCE exam simulator
    Get a full version.

OR you can buy this kindle edition book for mock practice in amazon.com

[h=1]ITIL 2011 MARATHON by M[/h]

Hope this helps. This is an easy exam.