Started studying for the 70-680

bwillfordbwillford Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
I started studying for this exam last week, using the poulton book and messer video's along with some labbing.

So just finished reading chapter 5 of poulton's book and noticed that the commands/switches for dism is a mile long.. For the 70-680 are we expected to memorize all these?

Thanks.

Comments

• hennrizzlerhennrizzler Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In a sense yes. You won't need to remember how to do the commands off by heart but you'll definitely will need to distinguish a correct command from a similar but incorrect command. Just get comfortable with how DISM works and you'll be sorted. Use it to mess around with images and try injecting drivers etc. It'll make it stick in your head better and when the time comes, you'll easily spot what is right and what is wrong. Or at least you'll have a hunch because it doesn't "look right".
  • robaatorobaato Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't know why a lot of people are using that book, it's (blank). It's less detail then the training kit. Unless you have the physical book, forget about the questions and answers unless maybe you have two windows open and don't mind scrolling back and forth. I thought it was a waste of time.

There is an insane amount of material covered in this course. Think of the test like a slot machine with eight wheels. Now think of the slot machine as one of those monster sized $1 machines, so instead of 10 questions per wheel there's 100.

Let me try to answer your question. You need to know which works online and offline as they both can do similar things, so A right answer could be wrong. You can get A right answer wrong by not knowing the switches. I'm not sure if I can go in to more detail without going over the NDA or whatever it's called.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    It is best practice to memorize the commands/switches. This is easier done with lots of labbing.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• bwillfordbwillford Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, another question..

I am about half way through the Poulton book and noticed it still covers IE 8... Does the 70-680 still test on IE 8 or has it been updated for IE 9? Anyone know if the chapter on IE 8 in poulton's book still relevant to the test or should I look for a different source for IE 9?

Thanks!
  • Christobevii3Christobevii3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On IE focus less on the version and more on smart screen filtering, private browsing, how to add certificates, and compatibility mode.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    On IE focus less on the version and more on smart screen filtering, private browsing, how to add certificates, and compatibility mode.

+1. What he said :D
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• bwillfordbwillford Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for!
  • Christobevii3Christobevii3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No problem! I took it monday and passed too fyi.
  • pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    God deserves my best