Options

What next after ITIL V3 Foundation (Syllabus 2011)

shauravkumar1712shauravkumar1712 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I scored 93% in ITIL V3 Foundation (Syllabus 2011).

Now I am loking for ITSM ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27002.

Any guidance on the same will be much appreciated.

Regards
Shauav Kumar

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Shauav

I'm taking my ISO/IEC20000 Foundation course this week - I'll report back later about what I thought!

Claire
  • Options
    Okay, so I completed my ISO20000 foundation course this week - I don't know if I passed the test for a few weeks yet but I'm quietly confident.

The course is very interesting/relevant if your org. plans to implement ISO20000 or if you think you will train, consult or audit in this area in the future. It focuses on the contents of the standard (which can be a bit dry at times) and the essential requirements for getting ISO20000 certification.

I really enjoyed it and I think it will round out my service management knowledge - there are times when it's confusing as it's very closely aligned with ITIL but there are also some differences.
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    If you know ITIL V3 then ISO20K is a cake walk. Its really engaging and easy to go through. How about ISO27001 have you started that?

Working within the ISO20K framework and getting the Organization is a different ballgame altogether
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    shauravkumar1712shauravkumar1712 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    Many Thanks for the guidance.
    Requesting you to kindly suggest the study material referred by you for ITSM ISO/IEC 20000 Certification.
  • Options
    Hi Shaurav

I took a training course with an organisation called Connectsphere - it employs the authors of ISO20000 and most of the trainers are consultants/auditors too. I also used the Van Haren pocket guide ISBN-10: 9077212795 | ISBN-13:
    978-9077212790

Claire
  • Options
    cj.kalyancj.kalyan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire,

I am planning to appear for ITIL Foundation exam coming month Aug 2012, I am in doubt whether to do self study by using available online resources or enroll for training classes in my local area. I have 7+ years experience in web development area as a project coordinator and leading a team from past 3 yrs, so not sure how to go about it. Can you please advice?
  • Options
    Hi Kalyan

I've answered your question in the other thread you started - good luck!

Claire