Project+ Study Notes

PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
I usually take a lot of notes when studying for certs. These are compiled from the Sybex book and the IT Project Management from start to finish, that WGU provides. Both books cover the exam topics pretty well. Hoping to take this one in about 2 weeks.

Comments

• cdauraycdauray Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE ABOVE DOCUMENT. It is simply an image of the first page of a Project+ glossary, maybe mallware.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cdauray wrote: »
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE ABOVE DOCUMENT. It is simply an image of the first page of a Project+ glossary, maybe mallware.

It's not malware. (learn how to spell, btw)

It is notes that I typed up by hand, as that is how I learn. I normally post my notes for others to use. About the only way to get malware from a .docx would be to have macros running, which I don't.
  • nismo14nismo14 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    his notes are legit. Good supplement for term lookup while you study.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Yea, goes without saying but legit notes.

Looks like a nice reference point for the Project+.

Thanks for posting!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the notes, Psoasman!
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Raidersfan81Raidersfan81 Member Posts: 124
    Thanks for these notes. Really appreciated!
  • santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    They do kinda look like a glossary but i assume its for you to learn the words that project+ requires you to know. Thanks for the notes!
    santaowns wrote: »
    They do kinda look like a glossary but i assume its for you to learn the words that project+ requires you to know. Thanks for the notes!

You assume correctly. I went page by page through both books that WGU recommends for the courses and typed up the notes. The Project+ was heavy on terminology, so knowing definitions is crucial for this exam.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If the Psoasman had 2 posts while making this thread, I wouldn't dare open the attachment. But it's cool.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Psoasman wrote: »
    You assume correctly. I went page by page through both books that WGU recommends for the courses and typed up the notes. The Project+ was heavy on terminology, so knowing definitions is crucial for this exam.

Sweet thanks again for the clarification!
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    thanks for the notes, I'll be taking this certification within the year
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I missed this thread entirely (I miss a lot of threads....) but I just wanted to vouch for Mr. Psoasman that the notes are legitimate. It's just a very nice glossary which I would have used as a supplement to whatever I was reading. (e.g. Sybex Project+ PK0-003 guide.) I would pay extra attention to the Communication channel formula, which is by far the easiest formula to remember...(I won't violate NDA, of course...but let's just say know that that's a formula you want to learn.)
  • dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the notes. I just started WGU 8/1 and I know down the line I will have to take this class. Your notes are much appreciated.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Thx for the notes Psoasman! These will be crucial for me during my WGU class!
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Thanks for sharing these. Just printed this out:)
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • kad5118kad5118 Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am about to ask a dumb question but is project plus is a certification
  • Manteo_Manteo_ Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow you just saved me so much time! This is really appreciated, im taking TVP1 right now, current reading the Sybex Project + Study guide. Thanks again!!
  • joe0121joe0121 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I usually take a lot of notes when studying for certs. These are compiled from the Sybex book and the IT Project Management from start to finish, that WGU provides. Both books cover the exam topics pretty well. Hoping to take this one in about 2 weeks.

Thanks I'm going to WGU as well. couple years left. Some gen Ed the project plus and a couple MS certs and I'm Done.
  • thebelle1972thebelle1972 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I opened and printed them and trust me our IT dept has so many securities running that if it were a "virus" of any kind it wouldn't have opened.
  • itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the notes!
  • BackToSchoolBackToSchool Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the notes! Good supplement to the Sybex Project+ book.
  • Iggy StoogeIggy Stooge Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great notes, amigo! I sit for the exam in 3 weeks...
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great notes this will be very handy once I start my BS-IT: Security degree at WGU!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • SirbloodySirbloody Member Posts: 112
    I plan on taking Project + this semester at WGU and this will save me some time, thanks!
    WGU: BS-IT Security (Start Date 1 June 2013)
    Classes Left: EUP1, BOV1, TXC1, TXP1, TYC1, TYP1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, GAC1, HHT1, COV1, CQV1, QLT1, BVC1, RIT1, BNC1, IWC1, IWT1, DJV1, TPV1, CVV1, CJV1, CNV1, AGC1, CUV1, EUC1
    Completed: CPV1, AXV1, DHV1 BBC1, WFV1, CLC1, CTV1, DRV1. DSV1, LAE1
  • Iggy StoogeIggy Stooge Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, these notes are huge. If you know these key terms/concepts, you'll pass the test with no issues.
  • rhaski4rhaski4 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOW!!! Awesome notes! Thanks for the 23 pages of terms that are essential to passing this exam! icon_lol.gif
  • phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sitting the exam tomorrow and coming in at 70-80% on the uCertify practice exams. These should help me brush up on the few things I need to improve in about 12 hours.
  • ryanpatel@gmail.comryanpatel@gmail.com Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    phdillard - How did your test go? I'm scored 70% on the uCertify Practice A exam.
    Ryan Patel
  • virtualizationGvirtualizationG Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks man! Great notes!!