Tips for passing ITIL

santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
Hi, I need to pass ITIL for my job and was wondering if anyone had any tips.

We have access to skillport and books24x7 too but I'd like some recommended reading also.

Thanks in advance,
Luis

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Luis

Possibly the best (free) resource available to you is the course syllabus and the free sample exam you can download from the ITIL Official Site. Use these to target your studies and highlight any areas of weakness.

Good luck!

Claire
  • santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Awesome thanks for the tip!
  • cosmic_chiccosmic_chic Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there,

Sorry to change the topic from braindumps, but I'm sitting my ITIL exam next week and have a couple of questions... hoping anyone who recently studied the latest material might be able to help?

1. Does anyone have any good resources that outline the changes btw ITIL V3 and ITIL V3 2011? I used a 2011 elearning package but now am doing final revision using the old V3 (2007) manuals (I don't have access to the new manuals).

2. The latest OGC syllabus (v5.4) refers to 'State the purpose, objectives and scope for Release and deployment management (Four phases of release and deployment ST4.4.3 Fig 4.23). I can't find the details of these four processes in any of the materials I have found online! Can anyone help me out with this one?

3. Does anyone know if the Service V Model has been dropped?

Thanks so much for your help in advance! :)
    Hi Cosmic

We produced a video that outlines the 2011 changes - you can view it here: ITIL Introduction with Free ITIL Resources and PDF (click the ITIL 2011 update video link at the top of the page). From the Foundation perspective the main changes are the introduction of the Design Coordination and BRM processes, and the generic ITSM roles related to processes and services.

The 4 phases of RDM are release and deployment planning, release build and test, deployment and then review and closure.

And yes, the V model has been dropped icon_smile.gif

Good luck!

Claire
  • cosmic_chiccosmic_chic Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire,

Thanks so much for the resources provided - they were very useful!!! (oh and glad to hear that the V model is dropped.... I'm glad I didn't attempt to learn it!)

Cheers!
  • manishomanisho Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire,
    It is good to know about the 2011 changes.

Please also let us know the best book in the market which covers ITIL foundation 2011 syllabus. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
    manisho
  • snapdragonsnapdragon Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Floks,

I am planning to take up ITIL Foundation (ITIL V3) examination by the end of this month.
    I am using ITIL V3 Foundation Study Guide(version 4.2.2.5) and An Introductory overview of ITIL V3 as my study material.
    It would be much appreciated if anyone could let me know if these material are enough to gain the basic knowledge and also pass the exam.

Best Regards,
    AK
    Hi AK

The v3 Foundation exam hasn't existed for some time and the latest syllabi align with the ITIL 2011 core volumes. If the resources you are using specifically state v3, there is a chance they could be out of date.

I'd recommend you get the latest version of the syllabus from the ITIL Official Site and double check against your study material.

Good luck with your studies,

Claire
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I finally got around to writing my foundations exam - 98%. Everything that has been written about the exam on these forums is true, I actually wish I had not prepared so much and just written it a couple of weeks ago. I found the sample test on the ITIL site to be harder than the real thing.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Zorodzai wrote: »
    I finally got around to writing my foundations exam - 98%. Everything that has been written about the exam on these forums is true, I actually wish I had not prepared so much and just written it a couple of weeks ago. I found the sample test on the ITIL site to be harder than the real thing.

Congratulations!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.