Who's going to Narbik's CCIE RS bootcamp on Sept 24-28, Burbank CA?

NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
Who's going to Narbik's CCIE RS bootcamp on Sept 24-28, Burbank CA?

I was thinking of sharing the hotel room. I dont have the hotel room yet. I am paying for every expense on this bootcamp, it would be great to cut some costs. Please message me ASAP your email so we can talk. The bootcamp is next week!

Comments

• NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow, 1,234 hours of study down! Do you expect to take the lab exam within a few weeks of the bootcamp?
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Have fun at Narbiks bootcamp! I'll be @ the Raleigh INE camp in Oct. Maybe we can swap notes/stories/feedback after!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Can I ask how much this bootcamp cost? Just curious.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • routergodsroutergods Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I might go to the Burbank one in December... didn't have the money for the September one.

My plan is to take the December bootcamp and do my lab the wednesday or thursday the week after. This way I have the weekend and a few days to recover from bootcamp hell.
    routergods wrote: »
    I might go to the Burbank one in December... didn't have the money for the September one.

My plan is to take the December bootcamp and do my lab the wednesday or thursday the week after. This way I have the weekend and a few days to recover from bootcamp hell.

Good luck and make sure you register for your lab date ASAP. You can always push the date back and its a great motivator to study study study! Lab dates have been going somewhat fast lately
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Wow, 1,234 hours of study down! Do you expect to take the lab exam within a few weeks of the bootcamp?

My test is on mid Nov.
    down77 wrote: »
    Have fun at Narbiks bootcamp! I'll be @ the Raleigh INE camp in Oct. Maybe we can swap notes/stories/feedback after!

we can swap notes.
    Essendon wrote: »
    Can I ask how much this bootcamp cost? Just curious.

$2,995 is the cost + misc like hotel + food + gas
    routergods wrote: »

Goodluck! Im sure you will own it. I see you labbing like crazy!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    $2,995 is the cost + misc like hotel + food + gas

Not bad eh, considering the bootcamp is delivered by Da Man himself! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I've heard awe-inspiring stories about Narbik.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    I hope you enjoy the bootcamp starting tomorrow. Waiting to read some of the daily feedback, assuming you find the time to post!
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just can't believe the cost of these things and have trouble imagining being able to budget for it. It's one of the reasons I shelved my IE attempt. The cost of the lab is bad enough (especially if one doesn't pass), but the extra costs for the bootcamps, etc really made it undoable.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
    bermovick wrote: »
    I just can't believe the cost of these things and have trouble imagining being able to budget for it. It's one of the reasons I shelved my IE attempt. The cost of the lab is bad enough (especially if one doesn't pass), but the extra costs for the bootcamps, etc really made it undoable.

The boot camp and lab combined cost less than one paycheck. Besides, you can look forward to reaping multiple times those costs each and every year you work in the industry afterwards! That said, I'm glad my employer plans to pay. :)
    Essendon wrote: »
    Not bad eh, considering the bootcamp is delivered by Da Man himself! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I've heard awe-inspiring stories about Narbik.

Thanks. Ill post some updates.
    down77 wrote: »
    I hope you enjoy the bootcamp starting tomorrow. Waiting to read some of the daily feedback, assuming you find the time to post!
    Lol Ill probably post when I get back. Last time I talk to him. He said the bootcamp is 9am till 9pm. Then he was saying if Im going to do some labs after 9pm. lol Brutal but i love cisco. I just want to learn more.

I agree with you on this.To tell you the truth I took a loan for this and Im using my credit card on some expenses like hotel and rack rentals while i, on the bootcamp. icon_cry.gif
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'd say investing in one of these boot camps, the lab exam, the written and other preparation material is a solid investment given the return.

Say you invested $5,000-$10,000 into CCIE R&S, your expected return is a salary above $100,000 (possibly higher given the organization and experience level of the person).

This isn't any different to investing in a law or medical degree, except you're not completely saddled with loans you're probably paying back for 5 to 10 years.

CCIE is a highly revered certification and almost equated to a doctorate in networking.

I haven't decided to go down the rabbit hole yet (and won't until I get CISM, a CCNP Security and a masters from WGU) but I don't see any issue in investing in one Narbik's boot camp, INE work books. I'd say the best time to pursue the exam is now, who knows what type of Kung fu trickery Cisco is going to pull with the next iteration, especially when you throw in IOS 15.0 and its ridiculous licensing schemes.
    I'd say investing in one of these boot camps, the lab exam, the written and other preparation material is a solid investment given the return.

Say you invested $5,000-$10,000 into CCIE R&S, your expected return is a salary above $100,000 (possibly higher given the organization and experience level of the person).

This isn't any different to investing in a law or medical degree, except you're not completely saddled with loans you're probably paying back for 5 to 10 years.

CCIE is a highly revered certification and almost equated to a doctorate in networking.

I haven't decided to go down the rabbit hole yet (and won't until I get CISM, a CCNP Security and a masters from WGU) but I don't see any issue in investing in one Narbik's boot camp, INE work books. I'd say the best time to pursue the exam is now, who knows what type of Kung fu trickery Cisco is going to pull with the next iteration, especially when you throw in IOS 15.0 and its ridiculous licensing schemes.

Reality is, 100k salary is being made by CCNP with 5 years experience. No one showed me the way to IT. Now that I have experience in Enterprise Network, if I would do it again, I would go to the security side. Get Security +, CCNP-Security, CISSP and be done with it. This should get me to $100k faster and I would get an easier job.

Although, CCIE makes you untouchable because of Cisco discounts.
    Reality is, 100k salary is being made by CCNP with 5 years experience.
    Agreed. I am hoping CCIE clears the path to $175k+ as it has for some of my colleagues. :)
    Reality is, 100k salary is being made by CCNP with 5 years experience. No one showed me the way to IT. Now that I have experience in Enterprise Network, if I would do it again, I would go to the security side. Get Security +, CCNP-Security, CISSP and be done with it. This should get me to $100k faster and I would get an easier job.

Although, CCIE makes you untouchable because of Cisco discounts.

I personally don't know any CCIE, so I can't speak on salary, but if it's $175 then the investment you're making is even better.

As far as your second statement, I hope to get my CCNP Security after I get my BS from WGU. I have the CISSP, Sec+, CEH, CASP certs. I'd love to add CISM to that since the investment is a lot less than SANs certs.

Anyways, NOC, I'm sure today will be the last time we hear from you for the week. Let us know about your experience.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□

You're still talking up to 1/3 of my income for a year. though.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
    You're still talking up to 1/3 of my income for a year. though.

No one said that there isn't risks or sacrifices to be made to realize a goal. However, I understand. One could always save to reach your goal or find an employer that will cover the costs and provide access to a lab.

Like the two gentlemen stated, you're looking at an income of $175,000+ depending on your experience. But CCIE isn't for everyone, there is a professional certification. Like NOC said, 5 years + CCNP can fetch one $100,000. I have a buddy who exited the military last year with CCNP + CISSP + 12 years of military experience and was able to get a six figure contracting job with AT&T. MROCK is in a similar situation with 7 years of experience, etc, etc.