MCITP windows sever

anyone here passed the windows server 2008 R2 exam just with videos?

Comments

• pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    I watched the videos then did the practice tests and scored around 60 out of 100. Then went back to the books and gave my exam when I was scoring atleast 80-90 in practice tests. I passed comfortably
    So my answer is unless you know what you are doing its better to refer one more resource
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
    pumbaa_g wrote: »
    I watched the videos then did the practice tests and scored around 60 out of 100. Then went back to the books and gave my exam when I was scoring atleast 80-90 in practice tests. I passed comfortably
    So my answer is unless you know what you are doing its better to refer one more resource

What book did you use? The sybex book?
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Unless you have 3 - 4 Years of Solid Working Knowledge ( in my opinion ) on Win Server 2008 - you will not be able to pass the MCITP SA Track using only Videos . Start with the Microsoft publication for the Exam
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Even if you have some good working experience I'd go with other resources than just videos.
    Make your self comfortable with definitions, and more in-depth explanations.
    There are a good amount of excellent videos out there, but literature whether online or with books of your choice can be great for strengthening your skills and better chances of passing the exams.
    Best of lucks.
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    I used the MCTS Study Guides and Mastering Windows 2008 R2 Book for reference. After that its lab all the way
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have not taken the test yet, however, my experience so far is that I doubt it. I am using the CBT Nuggets series for the 70-640, and it is a great set of videos to give you the step-by-step on how to perform tasks. It also does a good job of explaining certain things that the books mention but don't explain well. However, looking at the List of testable items from Microsoft, the videos do not cover all aspects. Plus, using Measure Up Tests and Transcender Tests, there is a lot of info that I am having to go to Technet to fill in, even with the MS Books and CBT Nuggets.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+