Leaving company, what did you get from the company.

truckfittruckfit Banned Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

When you guys leave a company do you guys get any gifts or anything maybe a card?

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    At my last job I got an excellent parting gift: release from the micromanagement prison.
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I espect my blood pressure to come down when I finally leave.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I did get a cake from one of the jobs I left from because I was switching careers totally. Other than that, nothing. But then again I wouldn't expect anything either.
  • cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A final Pay check that didn't include the 140+ hours of vacation time I still had.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Depends on how long I worked there. Short spans really nothing but a place I put a few years in hooked me up with free lunch and a good luck card.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    a nod ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    cruwl wrote: »
    A final Pay check that didn't include the 140+ hours of vacation time I still had.

That's a swift kick to the groin...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I usually get a farewell luncheon, but I tend to stay at companies for several years at a time before I leave.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I imagine it largely depends on your level in the company and tenure. In some companies, colleagues may arrange a luncheon or a card, it's largely cultural. For me, it's ranged from a lunch with the boss, to dinner with colleagues, the most extravagant was a full-blown party on the company (they must have really been glad to be rid of me icon_smile.gif )
  • PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Cake & sweets, signed cards, gift cards, lunches, money, lots of hugs and a balloon. It was a very sweet farewell and a couple co-workers teared up.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    extra 20 lbs. from sitting down all day.. lol!
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My last job had a happy hour for me and one of the guys (his wife works for Wrigley's) brought me in a huge bag of all kinds of candy and gum. Literally just last month I finished that last piece of gum and that was at the 9 month mark. I also had an hour long phone conversation with the owner of the company about my leaving and how they were planning on making the various changes I suggested (of course they never did lol). Job before that I just straight up quit so no parting gift other then the week of vacation I was promised. They low balled me on salary, so I asked for an extra week of vacation (they gave you one to start and you'd get a second at three years). We went back and forth with them finally saying at the six month mark they would give me the second week. At the eighth month mark (very disgruntled at this point) I brought it up with the VP of Operations (who hired me and promised me the second week) and he said "um I'll have to check to see if we can do it". At that point I was livid and found a new job within a week. He asked to speak with me prior to my quitting and asked why I was leaving. I went through the list and said I was lied to about the week. His retort was he just meant he had to check with HR to make sure it was ok. My retort was this was a small company with no corporate overlords and the fact that there really wasn't anything that should need to be checked (especially since they did all kinds of special things for various people there). With that he said we'll pay you for the promised week and said farewell.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    extra 20 lbs. from sitting down all day.. lol!
    nice one!!icon_lol.gif
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mostly lunch.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My last empoyer was a smallish outfit, 18 folks from Help Desk, Admins, to developers, etc.

When i turned in my 2 week notice, they signed a card and gave me a $50 gift card. Then eye'd me bitterly knowing i found an out before them.
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Prior to my last, nothing. I worked for the company for 8 years in four different departments. Last job, two days of free lunch. One with my boss and two of my colleagues in a seafood restaurant that we went when I first started working there. The second one was a lunch with all the IT and IS departments. I was there for 14 months.