Options

Question about CME/CUCM and Cisco "Spare" phones

lagarto657lagarto657 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello there,

I'm starting myself in the voice track (CCNA VOICE) and i've been buying some equipment for my lab. As for now i got a 2801 ISR with a pvdm2-8 and a vic2-2fxo card, and i also got a brand new cisco 7942 quite cheap (40 bucks) but when i did buy the phone i wasn't aware of the "coding" and "licensing" of these. Straight to the nerve, i bought a 7942G= SPARE phone, and for "spare" it means it comes w/o license.

I'm quite upset with my compulsive buyer side after finding about the stupid licensing thing, but i'm still hopeful and came here to ask: Is there any way i can use this spare phone with CME 7.1 on my 2801 without having to buy the license? icon_rolleyes.gif

Any sort of help is welcome
bullying is not necessary, i already know i'm an ass icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    For a lab it'll work fine - the license is just a piece of paper anyways.

Of course I’d make sure that I was in compliance if this was a production setup though.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    For a lab it'll work fine - the license is just a piece of paper anyways.

But what is the limitation of a "licenseless" phone? i was told that the phone won't work at all, won't register, won't anything. i haven't tried anything yet, it is still sealed.
  • Options
    Never heard of that – and I’ve purchased plenty of spare phones to replaced damaged handsets.
  • Options
    Never heard of that – and I’ve purchased plenty of spare phones to replaced damaged handsets.

But are we talking about the same "spare" concept?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-in-Box-Sealed-Cisco-CP-7942G-2-Line-IP-Phone-VoIP-7942G-Callmanager-/00/s/MTIxN1gxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!k0FBQ0mS5CPBQp!kk4ZRQ~~60_57.JPG
  • Options

But are we talking about the same "spare" concept?

• Options
    Yup. It's fine.