Need help on my framed certification.

medialxmedialx Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I passed my GCIH in early november 2012 and I was told that the shipment for the certificate will arrive within 4-6 weeks time after payment was paid..(I live in Singapore)

Till date, I have not receive it from them..

I tried emailing exam-support@giac.org / exam@giac.org but they doesnt seem to respond (I follow up with my email everyday, but no one seem to care from their side?)

May I know how long you guys waited for your hard copy certificate?

and what should I do now?

Thanks alot.

Comments

• twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It can seem to take awhile, so be patient.
    I think if conference is going on it delays and also the holidays caused delay.

The framed certificates are VERY NICE and professional looking.

Look on their website. You should be able to find an email address. You can email them for any concerns.

I suspect you should receive certificate sometime in January.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SANS and GIAC are usually very prompt to respond in my experience. The New Year's and holiday breaks might be affecting the response times around this time of year though. Might also want to try info@giac.org.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • medialxmedialx Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hmm..this is the 2nd time I did not get a reply from them..

The first time I was email-ing them regarding some certification questions..waited for a week or so, did not get a reply either..

I will CC info@giac.org when I follow up on my email then..

Thank you..
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Perhaps your emails are not getting through their spam filters for whatever reason? In my late-December experience, they respond within 48 hours... May be worth calling them by phone.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Are you emailing from a global Webmail service, like Gmail, or from an email server with an Asian IP address? If the latter, it might be that your server is on a blacklist and your emails are being ignored.
  • medialxmedialx Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am using hotmail..Should not be a problem right?

But i guess my mails are being black listed for some reason..sent them over 5+ mails, waited for 8days and no reply..

Any idea what I can do besides calling them?

Thanks for the replies guys..appreciate it.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    To get around a blacklist, emailing from a different email account and from a different email service can do the trick.