Free CompTIA Cloud+ (1/7/2012)

MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
Read all about it! Get your CV1-001 for free.

CompTIA Cloud+ Beta Exam Event

Comments

• OG MaverickOG Maverick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just signed up for this Friday after seeing the e-mail. Why pass up the chance for a free cert?
  • sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got the email about this and came here to see if anyone else had anymore info. It looks like they are only free for the first 400, so better act fast!
    When scheduling it, the actual test description said 450, so I'm not really sure. Either way, I hope there are still slots Friday at 11:30 am. Would they notify you if it filled up before you get to the testing center?
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hey how do I sign up? the link provided says this site has malware?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    Sign up the same way you did for your A+. I went to pearsonvue.com and logged in.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I created an account but it said it will take up to a day to process >_<
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    hey how do I sign up? the link provided says this site has malware?

Click Advanced > Proceed at your own risk

It's an issue with Google Chrome.
    Code now says it has been used the max number of times already.
    cloudbeta1 code says it reached its limit icon_cry.gif
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is it prompting you for a cost? I used the code even though I was given the total due of $0.00.
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    Is it prompting you for a cost? I used the code even though I was given the total due of $0.00.

Even though it shows as $0, it will not let you register it without the code.
    The cost came out to $0 without the promo code, then when I went to process/confirm, it said it needed a promo code in which I entered, then it said reached it's limit icon_cry.gif
  • crypticgeekcrypticgeek Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I jumped on this and registered for tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes!
    lsud00d wrote: »
    I created an account but it said it will take up to a day to process >_<

Yeah same here. I'm not sure why I didn't have an account? Bummer!
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got the same email and tried to register but it wont let me login due to multiple accounts/career ID's, etc. so I had to create a service ticket to merge them. Never knew I had multiple ID's. Oh well. I hope I get into the Beta. A free exam is a free exam. This one looks kewl.
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

hell I even tried cloudbeta2 lol, just my luck
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Just tried to register and got the alert that the promo code had reached its limit

Looks like 400 people have already signed up for the beta. icon_sad.gif
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Even without the promo code its still shows up at 0.00, but I didn't continue past that I'll admit
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yep, I just tried it and the sign-up limit has been reached.
  • GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is the cert everyone wants to hop on, this year...
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • crypticgeekcrypticgeek Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I just sat the exam. The beta consisted of 130 questions with a (I think) 2 hour time limit. I think the exam objectives pretty well represent the kinds of questions I was asked. If you've ever taken any of Comptia's other vendor neutral certs you'll know the style of their questions pretty well. I found the exam pretty easy. To give you some background of my knowledge, I've been using Amazon web services for a number of years on a small scale personal basis. I started working with vSphere last year and obtained my VCP last October.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I wonder if that will be close to the number of questions in the first release of the Cloud+ exam. The Cloud+ objectives list is extensive. CompTIA's Cloud Essentials exam has only 50 questions. Anyone taken it?
    JDMurray wrote: »
    CompTIA's Cloud Essentials exam has only 50 questions. Anyone taken it?

Yes and it was very basic. I'm pretty sure anyone could pass it just by reading the Wiki page on cloud computing.
    I sat for it today....we'll see how it goes in a few months!
  • prampram Member Posts: 171
    I took it today. Its kinda like the security+ and storage+ with cloud terms mixed in. Pretty easy imo, I'd be shocked if I didn't pass.
  • hisgreatness3hisgreatness3 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i just hang up the phone with comptia and they confirmed that the 400 limit has been reached and this beta exam has been closed 2 days ago (damn!!!).

but the exam is still in pearson vue's website and wont be available until comptia finally puts out an active exam mid of 2013. that's why u can register for the beta alright but it won't allow u to finish registration bcoz the cloudbeta1 promo code is no longer valid.
  • cbalkcomcbalkcom Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is registration for the Cloud+ exam that was closed, not exam taking. Those who were able to register are asked to please honor their commitment to take the exam so CompTIA gets the 400 exams taken that are needed to proceed with development. As of this date, just over 300 exams have been taken.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    cbalkcom wrote: »
    It is registration for the Cloud+ exam that was closed, not exam taking. Those who were able to register are asked to please honor their commitment to take the exam so CompTIA gets the 400 exams taken that are needed to proceed with development. As of this date, just over 300 exams have been taken.

Well, if any more are needed, I'm available. :D I'll definitely take the exam.
  • krolyatkrolyat Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just received my results. Everyone should be getting theirs soon!!! icon_thumright.gif
    (ISC)2: CISSP Comptia: A+, N+, Cloud+ Ec-Council: C|EH v6 Apple: ACSP 10.5

.:. Not your average chic .:.
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    I wish I had seen this sooner.