Options

GSEC certificate anyone ?

sunnysysadmsunnysysadm Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I didn't see a forum for the GSEC certificate and was wondering if anyone had sat for that cert ?? I have just finished my CISSP and will be looking for future certs to go after.

Sunny

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    This is the forum for infosec certs for which we don't have a separate forum, yet. There's some info here:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5530
    and I think searching for 'SANS' will lead to more. I don't think I've seen a member here with a GSEC, but seen some with other SANS certs.
  • Options
    MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    As the GSEC is the "entry level" of SANS certs, and you already have your CISSP, you may want to choose another, i.e more specialized cert/track. The are plenty to choose from (GCIA, GCIH, GCFW etc.), so you should be able to find one the match your experience and personal interests. Good luck pursuing SANS certs, you won't regret it icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only possible to get GIAC certs by attending their training? The GIAC training is quite expensive because their target customers are businesses needing training for employees and not individuals interested in security certifications.
  • Options
    youchoniumyouchonium Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I believe you can get certified if you have enough subject matter expertise. GIAC offers challenge certs for their certifications that are $800. I have never taken one, but have seen this browsing their page. I am certified in one of the GIAC disciplines (Intrusion Detection). I attended the Security Conference last year in Los Angeles. All in all, it was an excellent experience.