Cloud+ study resources

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin

Comments

• sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the Cloud Essentials exam, my primary study material was this book by Vic Winkler. It defined a lot of cloud terminology in an easy-to-understand format. The security aspect was much more concept and less technical, but still a good intro into the topic.
  • charlemagnecharlemagne Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just out of curiosity, anyone ever take the CCSK? I've read it is not to be taken lightly. Quite expensive at $295. I don't list my certifications but I have Cloud certifications (foundation level). I have noticed, in my target industry, "knowledge of Cloud" blah, blah. However, only in a few job descriptions and it was under "preferred" and not "required." No plans just yet on more advanced Cloud certs but came across the CCSK and just wondered if anyone has taken it? Impressions?
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Trainsignal has videos now!

CompTIA Cloud Essentials | Train Signal
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • OG MaverickOG Maverick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Trainsignal has videos now!

CompTIA Cloud Essentials | Train Signal

That appears to be for the Cloud Essentials, not the Cloud+, which is a little more involved.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Oh gotcha, my bad!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    is there also a study guide in progress?
    crashdump wrote: »
    is there also a study guide in progress?

There are two that will be released in a few months. Sybex will publish one specifically for the CompTia exam in early June. The second study guide specifically targeted for this exam will be released in October (according to Amazon). It's by Shimonski and published by Certification Press. I'm sure both will be enough to do well on the exam. Generally, I am interested in the topic and read a lot about it particularly security aspects. The Winkler book is great, though, not meant to be a study guide it certainly can be matched with the exam objectives. CompTIA follows NIST, for the most part. The objectives mention "XaaS" while you'll not see this specifically in many books. For the price, if I was going to pay for an exam and study material, I would consider EMC or CloudSchool. This is just my opinion. Regardless, it is an interesting topic in and of itself.
    charlemagne,

please post links to Amazon.com page. I didn't find with search.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There are two that will be released in a few months. Sybex will publish one specifically for the CompTia exam in early June. The second study guide specifically targeted for this exam will be released in October (according to Amazon). It's by Shimonski and published by Certification Press. I'm sure both will be enough to do well on the exam. Generally, I am interested in the topic and read a lot about it particularly security aspects. The Winkler book is great, though, not meant to be a study guide it certainly can be matched with the exam objectives. CompTIA follows NIST, for the most part. The objectives mention "XaaS" while you'll not see this specifically in many books. For the price, if I was going to pay for an exam and study material, I would consider EMC or CloudSchool. This is just my opinion. Regardless, it is an interesting topic in and of itself.

Must... resist the lure of new technology!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

No my questions was about "CompTIA Cloud+". Cloud Essentials seems to be non-technical certification (management like stuff).

Cloud+ seems technical. For people who run their own cloud.
    crashdump wrote: »
    No my questions was about "CompTIA Cloud+". Cloud Essentials seems to be non-technical certification (management like stuff).

Cloud+ seems technical. For people who run their own cloud.

Sorry about that. Don't know about Cloud+ as I haven't researched it, yet.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recently used the book listed. It was a pretty decent exam prep tool. The practice tests are a little too easy, but the material in the book is good.