Options

CUCM 8.6 Lab H.323 and SIP requirements

cucmcucm Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks,

I'm new to the Callmanager world and have CUCM 8.6 setup in my lab. I have several Cisco 3905 SIP phones registered with the callmanager and would like to perform some experiments with H.323. I've downloaded SJPHONE H.323 client but can't seem to get it completely working. My setup includes the callmanager, 2 Cisco 3905 sip phones, 1 sjphone running in H.323 gateway mode and 1 IUP300 H.323 phone all plugged into a gigabit switch. Here is what I've done so far:

1) registered sip phones
2) registered SJPHONE as H.323 client
- SJPHONE has the callmanager IP setup as the gateway.
3) registered UIP300 as H.323 client
- callmanager IP is entered in the UIP300 as gateway

With this setup, SIP to H.323 phones are successful. However, H.323 to SIP fails after the SIP phone rings briefly.
What am I doing wrong? Do I need a gateway or a gatekeeper or anything else to make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!!
icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Most endpoints dont support H323. You can find some video phones that support H323 and will allow a call. Cisco phones are usually SIP or SCCP. If you are looking to work on H323 you need a gateway that supports it.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    cucmcucm Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    Most endpoints dont support H323. You can find some video phones that support H323 and will allow a call. Cisco phones are usually SIP or SCCP. If you are looking to work on H323 you need a gateway that supports it.

Thanks for the response. I have the H.323 endpoints, SJPHONE pc app and UIP300 H.323 phone. Question is, do I need more than the callmanager to make the H.323 phones be able to call the SIP phones. Thanks!