I passed the Sec+

timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
After six months of studying for this cert, I finally pass the certification. I got a 896/900. I thought the exam was much easier than DG's practice exams tbh and the sims on the test stumped me, though it didn't affected me score. I pretty much used the process of elimination and took me about 46 mins to complete the test. I had first scheduled it to March 5, but after rereading DG Sec+ book for my third time, I felt I was ready and scheduled the test to today. Just know your ports, cryptography (hated that), and attacks, and I think you should be good. Now, I'm going to start my Net+ journey. icon_cheers.gif Cheers DG and Professor Messer! If I meet you guys in a bar, drinks on me.

Comments

• teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fantastic score! Congrats!
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • LincxxLincxx Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice work - Great Score
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass !!!!!
  • p3te844p3te844 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @timesvan32

"Just know your ports, cryptography (hated that), and attacks,"

Was the test mostly on what you said? Any other topics/questions you remember from taking it. I plan on taking the Security+ soon so I just want to get an idea what mostly you ran into on it.
  • timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Depends man, but most of the questions for me was ports, attacks, and cryptography. I believe you should do fine, since you completed the prerequisites for Sec+.
    p3te844 wrote: »
    @timesvan32

"Just know your ports, cryptography (hated that), and attacks,"

Was the test mostly on what you said? Any other topics/questions you remember from taking it. I plan on taking the Security+ soon so I just want to get an idea what mostly you ran into on it.
  • KeithJaggerKeithJagger Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Yes, you deserve a victory drink...I know I had a few after I passed mine!
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @timesvan32, Congrats on the pass. Good luck on your next adventure.

@p3te844, To echo what timesvan322 said, it depends. You might get several questions on ports or none. A lot of people report the need to know the ports mentioned in the objectives so that you can correctly complete some performance based questions. This blog reviews those ports: http://blogs.getcertifiedgetahead.com/understanding-ports/.

Good luck.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    awesome score. The Net+ will be a cakewalk for you with all the things you learned in Sec+. I just begun studies and found that there are alot of topics that would be hard for me if I hadn't studied them previously for my Net+ good luck
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    just curious why didn't you take the network+ before security +. congrats by the way...
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.