Would like to do MCSA 70-410, A few Qs?

Hi,

I'm interested in completing some server certs and 70-410 really interests me.

Firstly, is this cert part of the new exams set out by Microsoft? Secondly, how long before Microsoft exams expires?

Is there any decent books that i can purchase? When will the exam be available?

Ta

Comments

• gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, the exam 70-410 is part of the new MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) which is based on specializing in Windows Server 2012 Infrastructure. Microsoft has stated that its necessary to get re-certification every 3 years https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcse-server-infrastructure-certification.aspx Im planning to get the MCSE 2012 in Server Infrastructure by 2014.

Like you im also studying for this exam, probably to take it on march. First I used Introducing Windows Server 2012 RTM which is free, then Windows Server 2012 Up and Running, and now im CBTNuggets. After I finish CBTNuggets I will read Microsoft Exam Ref for 70-410. With that I think I will be able to pass the exam.

To practice im using my sony vaio laptop with 8gb ram (up from 4gb), a 750gb hd 7200rpm (up from 500gb, 5200rpm) with an i3 quad core processor. Im able to run (at least for now) 3 ws 2012 vm's and 1 win8 vm. I wont deny its kinda slow because the HD bottlenecks my performance. If you want to run multiples VM's get an SSD. The problem of course is the cost but you will be able to run them without problem.

Good luck!!!
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • joey3kjoey3k Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    great post by gabypr. one other thing i'd like to mention is that Microsoft is providing evaluation images of both the windows 2012 server and windows 8 OS for download on the microsoft website. i'm not sure what the rule is for posting links here so it might be best just to google them. once you can get your hands dirty and use the resources gabypr suggested, you'll be well on your way.
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    joey3k wrote: »
    great post by gabypr. one other thing i'd like to mention is that Microsoft is providing evaluation images of both the windows 2012 server and windows 8 OS for download on the microsoft website. i'm not sure what the rule is for posting links here so it might be best just to google them. once you can get your hands dirty and use the resources gabypr suggested, you'll be well on your way.

Is the windows server 2012 evaluation version good enough to practice on to pass the 70-410?
  • tigermantigerman Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Microsoft has took the liberty to provide free training for the 70 -410 exam if any one is interested. check the link below.

TechNet Blogs

Question dose any one know of any good book for the 70 -410 70 -411 and 70 - 412 exams ? look for addition study aid
  • tigermantigerman Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Beany wrote: »
    Is the windows server 2012 evaluation version good enough to practice on to pass the 70-410?

To answer your question, the server 2012 elevation versus was actual design and release by Microsoft with the purpose in mine of these exams.

additional Microsoft has took the liberty to provide free training for the 70 -410 exam if any one is interested. check the link below.

TechNet Blogs
    tigerman wrote: »
    Microsoft has took the liberty to provide free training for the 70 -410 exam if any one is interested. check the link below.

TechNet Blogs

Question dose any one know of any good book for the 70 -410 70 -411 and 70 - 412 exams ? look for addition study aid

Windows Server 2012 Inside Out and Windows Server 2012 Pocket Consultant could help you to fill some gaps of the exam objectives.

If you like computer training go for CBTNuggets and Trainsignal.

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info, gabypr ! - I always like to read what others are using for material and almost more importantly (?) in what order! Thanks for sharin!
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    gabypr wrote: »
    Windows Server 2012 Inside Out and Windows Server 2012 Pocket Consultant could help you to fill some gaps of the exam objectives.

If you like computer training go for CBTNuggets and Trainsignal.

would this book be any good for studying for 70-410 exam:

New book: Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 - Microsoft Press - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

I have that book but I havent been able to read it yet. AFAIK the book is good, the only con is the lack of practice exercises.

• TopTechTopTech Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□

I have the book and it looks OK, but there's an errata page on their web site and looks like more errors in the book than I feel there should be. Seems that proofreading is a dead art these days.
    TopTech wrote: »
    I have the book and it looks OK, but there's an errata page on their web site and looks like more errors in the book than I feel there should be. Seems that proofreading is a dead art these days.

Thanks for the info

• hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    This test was very easy and seemed more like review rather than challenging my knowledge. I'm sure that will occur with upcoming exam topics.
  • wkpowerswkpowers Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I’m studying for the 70-410 and I’m using Train Signal Videos and the Transcender. The TrainSignal Videos are not anywhere close to the Transcender. Has anyone taken the test yet? Was the test like the Transcender or much easier?
  • it2bit2b Member Posts: 117
    I used SelfTest, which is owned by the same company as Transcender (Kaplan). I thought they were pretty similar to the actual test.