Options

Passed the 680 & 685, should I put "MCITP" or "MCSA" on my resume?

OutreOutre Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-680 last month and the 70-685 on Monday and am currently updating my resume. I'm trying to figure out how best to list this certification in my certs section. Would it be better to list it as "Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Windows 7)" or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Windows 7), or something different"? I know they basically mean the same thing, but I'm trying to determine which an employer would be more likely to recognize, or would they typically know it amounts to the same thing?

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They are most likely to recognize the acronym MCSA - add the Windows 7 bit so not to mislead them in thinking that you have the server certs or the old MCSA.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As far as I see on job boards, the MCITP gets quite a bit more hits. Whether or not they are for Windows 7, I don't know.
  • Options
    SaundieSaundie Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do both show on your Microsoft transcript? If so, I would put both on your resume. I would imagine that this would help if your resume is entered into a recruitment agency's database, or if you upload it to a job site that tries to match jobs to your resume.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Put both. I seriously doubt anyone who understands they're the same is going to care, and everyone else is unlikely to ask. Both means more hits in the HR filter, and more recognition since some will recognize/understand one but not the other.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    ScOULarisScOULaris Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey OP,

Was the 70-685 easier than the 70-680? It took two attempts for me to pass the 680, and about a month of studying total.

The 70-685 seems a bit easier to me, but it doesn't have nearly as many free study resources online as the 680. I am taking it this weekend, so any insight as to what I'm getting into would be appreciated. :)
  • Options
    OutreOutre Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ScOULaris wrote: »
    Hey OP,

Was the 70-685 easier than the 70-680? It took two attempts for me to pass the 680, and about a month of studying total.

The 70-685 seems a bit easier to me, but it doesn't have nearly as many free study resources online as the 680. I am taking it this weekend, so any insight as to what I'm getting into would be appreciated. :)

I also had to take the 70-680 twice and passed it the second time with an 800. The 70-685 had a bit of similar concepts and was much easier to study for if you've already gotten through the 680. I passed it on the first try with a 825.