Options

CyberCon 2013

webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone used the SANS CyberCon online style bootcamp? Do you prefer in person or online? I'm really interested in GSEC
BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+

Comments

• Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've done quiet a few OnDemand studies and one in-person / conference course. Both have their pros and cons. I guess it also depends on whether you're a people person or not. I took 401 via OnDemand and it was quite exhausting. It was my first SANS course and the corresponding GIAC exam was pretty good in coverage.

It seems like the advantage CyberCon would have over OnDemand is just the ability to directly (virtually) interact with the instructor and other students in real-time. I'm not sure if that alone would be worth it for me.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    azmattazmatt Member Posts: 114
    The in person is cool because you get to meet like minded people and it's always a blast. The on demand is cool because it saves you travel and gives you the ability to pause for research, to take a break, to re-watch content multiple times etc.

I'll be doing the 414 at Cybercon and I'll let you know what I think.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome azmatt! Let me know how it goes....I'm 50/50 about taking this since I already have a lot on my plate...might wait til they come back to Florida
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I took a vlive course, it was awesome, except I couldn't get the time off to participate in the live sessions so I was always watching the videos afterwards. I like the idea of simulcast, 5-7 days straight, just like a conference