Options

Finally!!! The audit wait is over!!!

webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just got the email and my audit is finally over! ZOMG icon_cheers.gif I'm now a CISSP!!!!

Passed: March 9
Sent in Endorsement Info via email: March 11
(ISC)2 Acknowledge of documents: March 11
Selected for audit: March 26
Sent in Audit Info via email: March 26
(ISC)2 Acknowledge of documents: March 27
Email stating I'm CISSP: April 12
TOTAL BUSINESS DAYS WAITING/TORTURE: 25

I'm glad I listened to TBRAYS and gave (ISC)2 a call. (ISC)2 couldn't get ahold of one of my previous supervisors, and that was holding up my status, so I called him first to give him a heads up and they contacted him immediately.

Time to update the resume! icon_cool.gif
BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I hope I dont get hit with an audit. Even though all of my experience at my current employer meets the requirements, the old company I worked for was bought out and chopped up and sold for pieces and I have no idea how to get ahold of my previous manager.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! Feels good to be able to add those letters to the resume for sure!
  • Options
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I hope I dont get hit with an audit. Even though all of my experience at my current employer meets the requirements, the old company I worked for was bought out and chopped up and sold for pieces and I have no idea how to get ahold of my previous manager.

You don't have your previous manager personal cell #?
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    wes allen wrote: »
    Congrats! Feels good to be able to add those letters to the resume for sure!

Yes it does!
  • Options
    webgeek wrote: »
    You don't have your previous manager personal cell #?

Heck no. I had no reason to. At the time I was young and it was my first IT job. The position was eliminated and that was that. And the company I worked for was bought by private equity and chopped up.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Heck no. I had no reason to. At the time I was young and it was my first IT job. The position was eliminated and that was that. And the company I worked for was bought by private equity and chopped up.

I suggest you attempt to find them via LinkedIn or Facebook just in case you get audited.
  • Options
    azmattazmatt Member Posts: 114
    Congrats webgeek!!
  • Options
    tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How far back to they go for audting?
  • Options
    tony71 wrote: »
    How far back to they go for audting?

They verified that I had at least 48 months of experience since I have my Security+. Not really sure if this answered your question......
  • Options
    azmatt wrote: »
    Congrats webgeek!!

Thanks and good luck in your CISSP studies!
  • Options
    webgeek wrote: »
    They verified that I had at least 48 months of experience since I have my Security+. Not really sure if this answered your question......

Then I should be fine as I have 5 years in my current security role and Security+. I'll make sure to write down phone numbers for my current managers.
  • Options
    susenstoobsusenstoob Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Stinking audits! Glad to hear yours went well.