Share out Visual Studio web projects from developers computer

cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
Hi all!

We have a need to view a website being developed on a windows 7 workstation. I cannot find anything point to how to make this available over the lan. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint

Comments

• BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Team Foundation Server. Should be installed on a server though, not the developer workstation.

From Wikipedia:
    "Team Foundation Server (commonly abbreviated to TFS) is a Microsoft product offering source control, data collection, reporting, and project tracking, and is intended for collaborative software development projects."
  • MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    cnfuzzd wrote: »
    Hi all!

We have a need to view a website being developed on a windows 7 workstation. I cannot find anything point to how to make this available over the lan. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

John

Whats the problem? Just install IIS on the workstation and have him push the site to it.
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    Bloogen wrote: »
    Team Foundation Server. Should be installed on a server though, not the developer workstation.

From Wikipedia:
    "Team Foundation Server (commonly abbreviated to TFS) is a Microsoft product offering source control, data collection, reporting, and project tracking, and is intended for collaborative software development projects."

The impression I got from the OP is that they just want to be able to see what has been developed so far, not necessarily collaborate. I think TFS would be overkill here.
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe I was unclear if the website should be available over the LAN or the VS project itself. You seem to now have the answer for both.