more prometric woes :(

I went along to my local test centre to try the 70-647 exam today but was informed that due to technical problems the test centre had stopped doing Prometric Testing. I was not informed of this fact - they knew yesterday that this was the case.

Trying to meet the exam expiry deadline of July 2013 is proving a problem icon_sad.gif

Comments

• olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you were able to schedule it but they stopped doing prometric exams there?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, he probably scheduled it before the centre decided to stop testing. I wonder why Prometric are so slack, it's frustrating at times.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Essendon wrote: »
    Yeah, he probably scheduled it before the centre decided to stop testing. I wonder why Prometric are so slack, it's frustrating at times.

Good thing VMware uses Pearson Vue. Too bad it takes them 5 months to score a beta exam.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Another thing that escapes me is how the same centre is able to efficiently administer PearsonVue tests while crap on Prometric tests. The computers they use are usually the same ones for either, but somehow Prometric is always the problem child. Leads me to believe there are issues at the back-end too.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I booked the test several weeks in advance.

Turned up on the day and was told by office staff that Prometric sent an update out that crashed the server. I asked whether they will be still doing tests in future and they said no they have stopped testing with prometric. Yet that test centre still has available slots showing on the prometric website. mmmm
    I will have to travel further to an alternative centre but at least the test experience may be better - had test crashing on same test on three occasions previously and had to reschedule.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I go to e-academy in Cardiff, they are pretty good. Has been my regular exam testing centre since 2004.
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    Thanks Gorebrush, booked in next week in Cardiff as you suggested. I have been there twice before, good exam facilities, just a bit far for me to travel but there again better to be safe than sorry with regards crashing prometric tests.