Options

CISSP Passed

azmattazmatt Member Posts: 114
Glad that one is in my rear view mirror!

I took the SANS 414 online, read both of Conrad's books and did some cccure and exam cram practice exams.

Comments

• Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with the endorsement process! If you are near Phoenix, the local ISC(2) chapter puts on a pretty good quarterly meeting that gets you 5 CPEs.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    wes allen wrote: »
    If you are near Phoenix, the local ISC(2) chapter puts on a pretty good quarterly meeting that gets you 5 CPEs.
    It's a 5-hour meeting?
  • Options
    Yep. I just moved here and went to the one last week - but pretty cool for sure. Three speakers, plus chapter biz and a pretty decent lunch thrown in. Plus, they log the CPE's for you.
  • Options
    azmattazmatt Member Posts: 114
    Thanks all. I'm definitely much better off for having found this community.

I live in Tucson but will absolutely start making it up for those. I assume now that I have my CISSP I will get access to the meeting schedule, secret handshake and underground tunnels?
  • Options
    Once you receive your number, hit up their website - https://isc2chapter-phoenix.org/ $30 a year of ISC(2) members. Next meeting is Aug. 8th. I was surprised by the turnout - maybe 40-50 people. Three solid speakers - one on big data, one on advanced malware, and the last by a local FBI agent, who also holds a CISSP, about some cybercrime stuff, and an interesting background on some of the Lulzsec investigation. All in all, not a bad way to spend an afternoon.