Options

Please critique my study strategy for CISSP

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Right now I'm using the following:

Conrad's CISSP Book

I've made it thru the book once, I've made notes along with flash cards.

I also have access to Skillport too. However, once I've memorized my notes and and flash cards, I'm going to invest in cccure.org and skillport to review before this 600.00 test.

I have Harris' CISSP book, but I've given up on it. I find the way she writes is just not conductive to the way I learn. I know we all learn differently, but I wasn't making any progress reading/studying her book.

Does anyone else feel this way about her book?

Also can anyone else make recommendations for other sources to study from?

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I would add CCCure questions, the SANS CISSP webcast, and Clement's webcast.
  • Options
    jiju123jiju123 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am new to this forum , I would like to do CISSP Certification, I am a Fresher ,I am familiar to Shon harris Book .So pls guide me what all other books should also i refer .
    thanks
    Jiju
  • Options
    jiju123 wrote: »
    I am new to this forum , I would like to do CISSP Certification, I am a Fresher ,I am familiar to Shon harris Book .So pls guide me what all other books should also i refer .
    thanks
    Jiju

I've said this in a few posts, I've given up on Shon's book.

I'm now using Eric Conrad's CISSP Study Guide. His book is straight to the point and easy to read.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @jiju - I would never recommend that a fresher tackle the CISSP. It is not going to be useful until you have a new years of actual work experience.

@JockVsJock - I like the CISSP prep questions by SSI Logic. I agree about the Shon Harris book, but if you already own the book, I recall that it included access to audio lectures. While I didn't use the lectures, you may find that listening to the materials a good reinforcement study technique. You may also want to consider picking up a copy of the ISC2 official CBK. It's a dull read but makes a good reference to see how ISC2 thinks about the various domains. Good luck on your studies.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    @ jiju123 Welcome aboard. There's a truckload of CISSP tips here that will be useful for you. If you do a search and go through the results you'll find the good stuff.
  • Options
    jiju123 wrote: »
    thanks
    Jiju

Check out this thread on how to study for the CISSP, this one really helped me:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/87338-passed-aware-long-read.html

-unknown
  • Options
    paul78 wrote: »

@JockVsJock - I like the CISSP prep questions by SSI Logic.

Paul, thanks for the info.

I've checked this book out via Amazon and looks like the latest edition was in 2010, will this book then be relevant to the exam?

CISSP Exam Prep Questions, Answers & Explanations: 1000+ CISSP Practice Questions with Detailed Solutions: SSI Logic: 9780982576847: Amazon.com: Books

-unknown
  • Options
    n3twork3rn3twork3r Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Your strategy is good, and I almost used the same material as you listed. Just remember that you have to think like a CISSP on the exam. For example, for certain questions, you may find two choices that both look correct, but if you think like a CISSP, you will find the answer they are looking for. I also used some the audio version of CBT nuggets which were somewhat helpful.