Symantec SSIM or Arcsight?

clYkclYk Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am planing to take Arcsight ESM 4.5 training and now working on Symantec SSIM

I just wanted to know can that training boost my career and will it be helpful?

I always wanted to work on Arcsight..icon_sad.gif

and yes which one is best?

icon_cool.gif

Thank you in advance!!

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    clYk wrote: »
    and yes which one is best?
    Neither.

NitroSecurity (now called McAfee ESM) and LogRhythm are my top 2 SIEMs by a wide margin.
  • clYkclYk Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well,

Not that much because I never had Q1.... and yes what about CCSK ? is it good?
    JDMurray wrote: »
    No love for Q1 Labs' QRadar?
    I can't justify the crazy price increase they attached to it now that IBM slapped their logo on it.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    QRadar is now covered through IBM education and support services, so maybe that justifies a price increase, along with the new "Q1 Labs, an IBM company" moniker too. ;)
  • clYkclYk Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well looks IBM getting richer!!
    By the way sir JD please tell me how is the ccsk cert? how is the market value for that one?
    CEH+CCSK+CISA icon_rolleyes.gif + 2 years exp? I am planning for this combination so please guide me something if I am wrong somewhere.

Thank you in advance!
    clYk wrote: »
    By the way sir JD please tell me how is the ccsk cert? how is the market value for that one?
    I have no idea what the current market value for the CCSK cert is. Are employers asking for people with the CCSK?
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I have no idea what the current market value for the CCSK cert is. Are employers asking for people with the CCSK?
    My informal test ("Sorry, we couldn't find any jobs matching your search") says No. ;)
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've actually seen it asked for more than Comptia's CASP. lol:D
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Looks like the SIEMs from Q1 Labs, ArcSight, and McAfee are leading Gartner's "Magic Quadrant" pack!

2013_SIEM_MQ_lg.png
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Go Splunk!! *fist pump* "You can do it!"