Ceh

chandu_07chandu_07 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi,
I am undergoing a course for CEH at an authorized training institute. I want to know if I should be a graduate. I have done my high school, and i'm drop out from college. Do I need to complete my graduation to be able to work as an ethical hacker in a company?

Comments

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Some companies require a degree and some don't. Depends on the company. If you have the right skills, they will most likely overlook the fact that you don't have a degree. However, a cert or too would certainly help. In case you have experience, I don't think a lack of a degree will be that big of an issue.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Without a degree , Indian Companies do not allow them to even come to interviews.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• chandu_07chandu_07 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Without a degree , Indian Companies do not allow them to even come to interviews.

I have my degree incomplete. and now if I complete the rest of the course (it has become late) will that be a problem?
    chandu_07 wrote: »
    I have my degree incomplete. and now if I complete the rest of the course (it has become late) will that be a problem?

im talking about the completion of my degree course. Im almost 2years late from completing my degree. Will that affect my job opportunity in any way?
    Of course it will have an impact - having a degree is a lot better than not having one. Again, it depends on a lot of things. You can still get hired without your degree. How much experience do you have in pen testing? Or in IT for that matter?Do you have any certs?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    Of course it will have an impact - having a degree is a lot better than not having one. Again, it depends on a lot of things. You can still get hired without your degree. How much experience do you have in pen testing? Or in IT for that matter?Do you have any certs?

actually, I meant to ask would it affect my job opportunity if I complete me degree late?
    Yes . It affects your career if you take gaps in between your education.

Second. If you do the cert now and look for a job . What are the chances that you will actually remember stuff when you go for interviews at that point.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

Yes . It affects your career if you take gaps in between your education.

Second. If you do the cert now and look for a job . What are the chances that you will actually remember stuff when you go for interviews at that point.

ummm. at that point, I can remember quite some stuff. Ive learnt lots since childhood. im pretty sure I can remember most of that. and next is, im no body to tell you how to reply to people but since you replied to me mr adarsh, I didnt like the way you discoyraged me. instead you couldve told me alternate ways that I can follow if you really think I wont get a job. thank you for your concern.
    I don't think he meant it like that. What, I think, he was implying was that no one can retain all the knowledge he gets from certs even if he does exactly what's on them on his job. Not directed personally at you or with the intention of offending. We all tend to forget some detail down the road. So the more time between the cert and the interview, the more likely it is that some details will fly away. As far as your question - if you delay your degree, I think, it will not make the job opportunities better. You have a degree - bonus points. You don't have one - no bonus points. However, for some companies it is not only nice to have a degree, they require you to have one. Just like we mentioned above. Chances are that when you are competing with someone for a position and he has a degree while you don't, this will make the difference. IMHO, it is best to finish the degree sooner and reap the benefits!

Also check this out, I think you will find it useful http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/88345-lack-formal-education-killing-me-seeking-advice.html

There was another great thread but for the life of me, I can't find it.
    I don't think he meant it like that. What, I think, he was implying was that no one can retain all the knowledge he gets from certs even if he does exactly what's on them on his job. Not directed personally at you or with the intention of offending. We all tend to forget some detail down the road. So the more time between the cert and the interview, the more likely it is that some details will fly away. As far as your question - if you delay your degree, I think, it will not make the job opportunities better. You have a degree - bonus points. You don't have one - no bonus points. However, for some companies it is not only nice to have a degree, they require you to have one. Just like we mentioned above. Chances are that when you are competing with someone for a position and he has a degree while you don't, this will make the difference. IMHO, it is best to finish the degree sooner and reap the benefits!

Also check this out, I think you will find it useful http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/88345-lack-formal-education-killing-me-seeking-advice.html

There was another great thread but for the life of me, I can't find it.

thank you so much. this would probably help me very much. and I apologize, mr adarsh.
    I asked you what your chances were. I did not discourage you nor encourage you. Your answer to that question was yes I will remember or no i will not remember.

When you seek advice seek it. Dont expect to get answers spoon fed to you.

All I want to say is without a degree or a gap in the degree it is going to be very difficult for you to get a job in a proper company.

I have seen many talented profiles being pushed out of the hiring section just because of that.

Anyways !

Is up to you to decide what direction you want to take.

This is a forum. You will receive both good and bad responses.