Certified Cyber Security Ninja

Comments

• twofingeredtwofingered Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Personally, I think just being a registered "Ninja" will up your chances of getting hired, no matter where you are trying to apply. Are you looking to get this for a career, or just kind of a side-thing you are interested in?
  • GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    Personally, I think just being a registered "Ninja" will up your chances of getting hired, no matter where you are trying to apply. Are you looking to get this for a career, or just kind of a side-thing you are interested in?

What do you mean by being a "registered Ninja"?
    I just came across it and never heard about it so I was wondering if anyone knows about it.
    Thanks.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I have a Ninja diploma... here it is...
    do you see it? EXACTLY!

No but really
    Never heard of this but it looks cool
    Looks it covers a lot of good stuff
    "Pentest using Android Mobiles"
    Looks nice
    meh
    I was curious because twofingered wrote "I think just being a registered "Ninja" will up your chances of getting hired, no matter where you are trying to apply", so I was wondering what he meant by registered Ninja.
  • doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've never heard of it but the outline of the coursework looks interesting...particularly if you are in India (where they seem to be based)

I think twofingered was poking fun at a Certified Ninja credential getting you through the HR screeners.

Although, its probably better than Certified Information Samurai or Certified Information System Security Pirate
  • twofingeredtwofingered Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dover has it right! I apologize, it was a silly joke. Me personally though, if I saw something like-

Certified Ninja
    No seriously, I am a CCSN. Look it up. It's real.
    -on your resume, that'd catch my eye. That could be a bad thing, but at least you have a sense of humor, and you are certified!
    No need to apologize. That was a good one, I just failed to see it until dover explained.

But yeah coursework seems interesting. It looked to me that it's kind of a CEH with a few more topics and a lot more hands-on since it's 150 hours. Personally, for more hands-on ones, I'd go with Offensive Security Certs. But if I were in South Delhi, I probably would have done that course and take CEH exam (approval route from EC-Council). CEH class does not really have any hands-on since it's crammed in one week. Of course, one is supposed to practice on his own lab.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The coursework is actually pretty good. However the name ninja on your resume will not really work for you. Employers will not take you seriously.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If no one knows or head about it, maybe it could be one of those fly by night organisations maybe you should try and research about it and check if it is authorised. You know some people are very creative out there so you better watch out don't get hooked. Its just one of those too good to be true kind of things.icon_wink.gif
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    kurosaki00 wrote: »
    I have a Ninja diploma... here it is...
    do you see it? EXACTLY!

+1 hahaha good one

Honestly, I wouldn't put the word "Ninja" on my resume and expect to be taken seriously.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Me personally though, if I saw something like- Certified Ninja - on your resume, that'd catch my eye.

I'd probably hire the person...and then keep jumping out at them randomly in the hallways and cubicles at work to see if they could defend themselves - a la Inspector Clouseau's houseboy Kato:

The Return of the Pink Panther (1975)
    Various production company citations

Edited to include source of picture, name of movie and the various productions companies so the MPIAA doesn't decide I infringed upon their intellectual property rights without proper citation. Move along, nothing to see here.
    [h=1] [/h]
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah "ninja" in the title kind of kills interest in it for me.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Laughing my ass off right now! icon_lol.gif

If I were into security and ethical hacking, I would totally go for this cert. icon_cool.gif
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
    Not until it makes a name for itself like EC-Council, ISC2, GIAC or Offensive Security. But if I can afford and am living in India, I would take it just for the knowledge or some new thing that I did not know about before. I can decide not to list the certification on resume.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Material looks good but I have to join the others - title does not sounds serious at all.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    Material looks good but I have to join the others - title does not sounds serious at all.

Agreed! If there was a class with a title Certified Security Software Pirate then that's a different story. I wonder how DMCA companies will take it :D
  • DB CooperDB Cooper Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Last ninja we hired was sent from a rival samurai corporation to steal our company secrets and assassinate our general manager.

The morning of June 3rd, our database has been copied, and our general manager was killed with a paper clip. The police investigation resulted no evidence or suspects, but I know it was the ninja. He just seemed a little shady and not very personable.
    DB Cooper wrote: »
    Last ninja we hired was sent from a rival samurai corporation to steal our company secrets and assassinate our general manager.

The morning of June 3rd, our database has been copied, and our general manager was killed with a paper clip. The police investigation resulted no evidence or suspects, but I know it was the ninja. He just seemed a little shady and not very personable.

I would have assumed that he would fit in perfectly afterall a Ninja Assassin is a master of camouflage and fits in with every environment not to draw attention to him. You shouldn't notice that he is shady, he should be able to conceal it. But if you have notice, I worry for your safety. Get out quick! You still have the chance! Or has my warning become a late warning now?
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    How much does it cost. I am also from India.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

How much does it cost. I am also from India.

You will have to contact them. There's email and phone number on the site. If you found out, let us know just for curiousity sake. :D
    I am sure you will get something out of the course work.
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I thought you were trying to find out if the course was worth it and I assumed you were doing it.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

I just came across it and never heard about it so I was wondering if Techexams community has heard about it. Like I have mentioned, I would take it if it doesn't cost me much and if I were living in India. I like learning new things but in this case, it will most likely be review for me considering that I am already in Security field, hold MS in Infosec and Assurance, and certs from ISC2, EC-Council, GIAC, etc. I have also done Offensive Security courses as well. Almost all of the topic listed in their coursework, I have experience in. But still if it's affordable, I would just do it for the fun of it and maybe there was something that I was not aware and get something out of it.
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Is it bad that I would persue this cert just so I could put "Ninja" on my resume?
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    The coursework is actually pretty good. However the name ninja on your resume will not really work for you. Employers will not take you seriously.

Not necessarily, the guys at the office loved it when I got my CPT all kinds of jokes about being a PENETRATION tester...
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    dover wrote: »
    Although, its probably better than Certified Information Samurai or Certified Information System Security Pirate

+1. LOL...good stuff. Reminds me of the names of the Hurricane Electric IPv6 "certifications." Certified IPv6 Sage.

Definitely a waste of time though. Because we all know now that industry professionals will do 100x the amount of work that would be required to learn IPv6, just to create new and innovative ways to avoid it.
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    dover wrote: »
    Certified Information Samurai

I would be all over that program if it existed.