Cracking the Perimeter (OSCE)

With our group of new OSCPs on this site, I figure the question will be asked eventually so I'll just throw it out there.

Any plans to enroll in CTP?
What is your timeline?

Comments

• the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    So call me a glutton for punishment, but the day after I submitted my report, I already found myself googling reviews for the CTP course and OSCE exam. I think I'm going to go for it. And this time, I'm not going to do what I did with PWB and spend years figuring out ways to "prepare." Once again, time to bite off more than I can chew and prepare to renew my lab time as many times as it takes to finally swallow.

** After typing that, I realized how inappropriate that sounds :-/ **

As far as my timeline...I'm going to be separating from the military on October 1st. As soon as I land a job and have settled in, I'm planning on enrolling. Should be starting before the end of the year.

Here we go again, lol.
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice! Definitely consider making a progress thread for that.
  • r0ckm4nr0ckm4n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm planning to do it, but not until next year. I am currently taking the eLearn Security Web Pen Testing course. I was thinking about starting around May or June, but since we are typically slow 1st quarter, I will look at taking it then.
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    How is the eLearn WAPT course? I saw they are still running the special offer where you get the PenTest course for free with purchase of WAPT.
  • r0ckm4nr0ckm4n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the_hutch wrote: »
    How is the eLearn WAPT course? I saw they are still running the special offer where you get the PenTest course for free with purchase of WAPT.

I like the course. It is different from PWB in the fact that the course materials are very thorough. If there is any outside resources required, they provide a URL to the resource. The Offsec way as you know is a great way to learn, but I was ready for a course that didn't require the extra work and research outside of the course materials. Going into this course after the OSCP is making it easier as well. I am able to leverage things I learned from PWB. I purchased the course when they had the launch event for the course and got 30% off.
  • martin24martin24 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the_hutch try solving theirs test before enrolling because it is necessary to get passed it when You want to even register :)
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This came up in my twitter feed and thought it was worth sharing:

OSCE and Me - OJ's perspective