Options

I'll be doing my N10-005 soon

DenholmDenholm Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
So i know this type of thing has been posted many a times and i don't mean to make it look like it's being spammed or something but i'm doing my N+ is maximum 2 months time and I've hit a 'wall' so to speak. I've got no networking experience and I've only been studying for 3 weeks now, I've been learning from professor messer latest N+ videos and also free material plus been doing alot of practice test which have about 50 to 100+ in them and here's my problem i keep getting between 70% - 79% every single i can't get what i want which is above 80%. i really could do with some advice like how to push that last little bit or if 70-79 is a good mark cause i'm getting frustrated and agitated with myself.

PS : sorry if i've gone through wrong channels to ask this question i'm new lol

Comments

• Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am also in the process of preparing for the net+ exam, i am no expect but my advice to you is, if you have been doing the practice test questions i think you should be able to see where you lack, if you are getting certain questions incorrect that means you don't have the required knowledge for it so you must go back to your study materials and find out what you have missed and build on that.
    Denholm wrote: »
    PS : sorry if i've gone through wrong channels to ask this question i'm new lol

@Denholm you definitely gone through the right channels. There is nothing wrong with your question

All the best good luck for your exam!!!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Thanks man:) i took a look and it seems i'm lacking knowledge in common port and command prompts so after abit of studying up and learning i took a different test . i took the techexams N+ test out of 50 questions and got 82% so yeah i'm slowly gaining confidence back
  • Options
    I see the pass grade for the N+ has changed yet again stating you need 720 out of 900 and i heard that you get 100points for 'showing up' not sure if it's true, so does that mean that you need 62% minimum(620 points) to pass the exam, i'm excluding the supposed 100 free?
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You welcome!!!
    Denholm wrote: »
    I i heard that you get 100points for 'showing up' not sure if it's true, so does that mean that you need 62% minimum(620 points) to pass the exam, i'm excluding the supposed 100 free?

I have never heard of that before, i don't think there is such because then what happens if you score a 100% if that's the case then you will get 110%. There is a guy on this forum that scored 900/900 and there was no extra 100 points. There passing score for the exam is just 720 points

If you want more solid information on the exam follow this link, Exam Objectives enjoyicon_wink.gif
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    CompTIA does say that the Net+ is scored between 100 - 900. So, you can't score below a 100.
    I guess they give you 100 points at the bottom end, but not at the top end.

I always took that to mean that their test is really an 800 point test. If you figure that you can pass with a 720, you can miss 180 points. If you can miss 180 out of 800, then you can miss 22.5%. So, 77.5% would be the passing mark. But, no one really knows how they score the exam.

However, I always shoot for 90% or higher on all practice exams before considering going for the exam.
  • Options
    Thanks guys :) all this info is really going to help a lot, i write in maximum 2 months time and without a doubt i HAVE to pass cause this isn't just for me to get it where i want this as a confidence booster but need it to secure the job i'm in so again thanks guys.
  • Options
    Damn so it looks like instead of 2 months to study i'll be writing in less than a months time.......icon_study.gif