Yet Another 70-417 Pass

So I've been slacking lately on my studying after settling into new job. Decided to hop back on the train with what I've heard is a relatively test and so it was all I had hoped for!

My advice is to pay especially close attention to the exam tips in the official MSPress book. I always review those right before the exam and this time they were all suspiciously very relevant for this exam...
Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
Finished!

On to VCAP!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congrats ! Any plans on the new MCSE's.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• thelaststop720thelaststop720 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! My 417 is scheduled for end of July (the one and only testing in Oklahoma shuts down during the month of August, and I didn't want to wait until September). I'm almost done with the 417 Exam Ref book as well. He does seem detailed when mentioning exam tips.
  • thronetmthronetm Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.. I sit this exam Monday coming
  • nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Congrats! Got this booked for the 19th. Really like some of the new features in server 2012 so enjoying the studying. May I ask what scores you got?
  • PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Congrats ! Any plans on the new MCSE's.

I've probably going to hold off until more study material comes out for the server admin path. I'm studying Juniper now as that's what our clients primarily use.
    Budzy wrote: »
    Congrats! Got this booked for the 19th. Really like some of the new features in server 2012 so enjoying the studying. May I ask what scores you got?

Much better scores across the board than I did for the MCITP:SA exam set. I felt the upgrade exam questions were much more straightforward than the trivia questions I ran into on 2008. Not to say there wasn't a few questions that came from left field and made me ???.

I feel like Microsoft wanted this one to be easier to pass so people are encouraged to continue on the MCSE path.
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Commguy23Commguy23 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are there case studies on 70-417 like there were on the 646?
  • fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey congrats!!
  • PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Commguy23 wrote: »
    Are there case studies on 70-417 like there were on the 646?

Mine was mostly multiple choice with a few of those rearrange the steps in the correct order tabs and some click on the correct area in this exhibit.

A lot of give-me questions and a few crazy obscure trivia questions. Study the book exam tips(they are spot on) and know all the new feature gotchas.
    Finished!

On to VCAP!