Best CISSP CBK Classroom-Based Training

teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
My employer may have some budget for CISSP classroom training. What is your opinion on the Official (ISC)2 CISSP CBK Classroom-based Training? Or, is other training better? I plan to also read Shon Harris's book.
If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    The official ISC(2) Review Seminar Handbook is imo unmatched in it's succinctness of examination contents and is worth the price of admission in and of itself.
  • Joel GoldsteinJoel Goldstein Banned Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    teancum144,

My name is Joel Goldstein and I'm one of the Certification Consultants at (ISC)2. I obviously have a biased opinion regarding (ISC)2 review seminars and I don't want to violate any forum rules so I'll be careful with my answer. However, for most CISSP candidates, I do recommend CISSP classroom training (onsite or online) combined with a minimum 1-2 months of self-study prior to the class.
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    I went to Training Camp and was throughly pleased with the classroom training which actually is an official ISC2 review seminar. Room, meals, late sessions and the test were included for about $4k. Plus they have a pass guarentee (If you don't pass you can attend another one of their classes for free but you pay the room... not sure about test).
    da_vato wrote: »
    I went to Training Camp and was throughly pleased with the classroom training which actually is an official ISC2 review seminar. Room, meals, late sessions and the test were included for about $4k. Plus they have a pass guarentee (If you don't pass you can attend another one of their classes for free but you pay the room... not sure about test).

Training Camp is an official (ISC)2 affiliate- many of our onsite seminars are run in conjunction with them (they provide the site, (ISC)2 provides the instructor and curriculum). There are two formats of onsite training offered by (ISC)2: the five-day CBK review seminar or the six-day boot camp. The five-day format is less expensive than the six-day boot camp.

As for an Education Guarantee (we don't call it a pass guarantee), starting later this month, (ISC)2 is going to begin offering an Education Guarantee that allows candidates to sit for another seminar AND the exam at no cost. Previously, the Education Guarantee only covered sitting for another CBK review seminar only.
  • teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As for an Education Guarantee (we don't call it a pass guarantee), starting later this month, (ISC)2 is going to begin offering an Education Guarantee that allows candidates to sit for another seminar AND the exam at no cost. Previously, the Education Guarantee only covered sitting for another CBK review seminar only.
    Is the Education Guarantee included in the price of the the five-day CBK review seminar?
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
    The Education Guarantee is included in both the five-day CBK review seminar and the six-day boot camp. Please note that I'm speaking on behalf of (ISC)2's Education Guarantee only, not Training Camp's.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @teacncum144 - I don't really have any good advice - but just wanted to wish you good luck since I know you were interested in Sec+ in the past.

If you are willing to consider online based training - I had a good experience with the SAN online boot camp for CISSP preparation - SANS +S Training Program for the CISSP® Certification Exam

Personally in retrospect, I would have just self-studied but the SANS course is a decent review course if you already have the background and you don't mind the over-priced course.
  • teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All, thanks for the feedback.
    paul78 wrote: »
    @teacncum144 - I don't really have any good advice - but just wanted to wish you good luck since I know you were interested in Sec+ in the past. ...
    I still plan to take the Sec+ exam soon. I'm just planning for my next cert. :)
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    I attended Training Camp last summer and passed the test on my first attempt. Training Camp is highly recommended.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I truly enjoyed the training camp, it is very intensive with very little down town, and you get a lot of interaction with the instructors on WHY the answers are what they are. The class allows you to think differently and this is why i loved it..