How realistic are the Exam Cram practice exams

phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just finished reading through the A+ Exam Cram for the 701/702 and am now working through the practice tests in the back of the book (my copy didn't come with cd as it is used, but for 11 cents I can't complain). I'm just wondering, how realistic are those 2 exams? Should I feel confident about my knowledge level if I pass them, or should I expect harder questions on the real thing?

Comments

• DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    the Exam Cram book is what I used to pass the 801/802 recently.

I just did the two exams in the book and then did the ones on the CD. most of the material though i have hands-on knowledge over the past decade.

I recently as in this week passed the 801/802 exams and then on the same day took the Network + exam and scored very high on it. (networking is something I do everyday)

I would recommend, even though it appears your head long into it, to get the 801/802 exam cram books, unless you plan on taking the exam literally in a few weeks since the 701/702 exams are being taken out of the testing process sometime in August, just a FYI!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Download a copy of the objectives to assess your knowledge. If it is covered on the objectives, it may appearing your two exams. With that, keep in mind a+ is typical the exams folks take upon beginning their certification paths, and therefore has a lower required score for passing.

The exam cram material is geared to be a quick review of the knowledge candidate 'should' be familiar with prior to the exams.
    Mike Meyers All in One is more of a full study tool.

Focus on knowing or at least understanding the content rather than memorizing questions and answers. One should strive to be the tech others seek out for knowledge and solutions in the real world rather than the guy/gal who can memorize answers but never apply them in the field.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    I would recommend, even though it appears your head long into it, to get the 801/802 exam cram books, unless you plan on taking the exam literally in a few weeks since the 701/702 exams are being taken out of the testing process sometime in August, just a FYI!

I'm scheduled to take both the third week of August so I can get in just before they stop offering the 7's with a week to retake should I fail. But I do have the CompTIA A+ Cert Guide for the 8's and I'm doing the practice exams on the disc that comes with and passing with 83 or higher so I assume I could pass the 8's if need be.