CEH eligibility

ranjit007ranjit007 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Is it neccessary to go thru CEH ATC training or have networking experience?
I have gone thru CBT nuggets videos and CEH slides , will it be sufficient for clearing exam v8?

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I dont think there is an eligibility.

If you go through the ATC you will get the official courseware. Exam And class together might cost you about 30000 Rs.

If you go directly and try to purchase a voucher it will cost you about 25000 Rs.

So for 5000 Rs you get the training and the Official Courseware. Makes more sense than going directly.

As far as your mention that you have gone through the slides and Videos. I hardly think there are any for the CEH v8.

Let me know if there are. I am also looking to write it soon.

Chanakya
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    Money. Lot's of money.
  • Stan LeeStan Lee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ranjit007 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it neccessary to go thru CEH ATC training or have networking experience?
    I have gone thru CBT nuggets videos and CEH slides , will it be sufficient for clearing exam v8?

To answer your question about CEH eligility, I believe the minimum is 2 years experience in any of the
    IT security-related domains.

It is not mandatory to attend the ATC training in order to take the CEH exam. But, you will be required to submit
    an eligibility form to EC-Council and they will assess and inform you if you are eligible to take the exam. In addition,
    you will have to pay $100.

To answer your last question, the best gauge is to take as many practice exams as possible. If you can consistently
    score 80% or above then, you are ready to take the exam. The actual passing score is 70%
  • amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • spadellinospadellino Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been IT manager for 3 years, and previously sysadmin for 4 years. Since two years ago I quit my job and now I am studying for a Bsc in network and computer security.
    As IT manager I was also in charge of information security (there was no other professionals with specific "infosec" duties).
    Do you think I am eligible?

At the linked page there is: "Successful applicant will be required to purchase an exam voucher DIRECTLY from EC-Council through the webstore at Products | EC-Council Store before the eligibility code is released to the applicant."
    what does it mean? I have to spend 500 dollars and risk losing them if my application is rejected?

thanks
  • Stan LeeStan Lee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    spadellino wrote: »
    I have been IT manager for 3 years, and previously sysadmin for 4 years. Since two years ago I quit my job and now I am studying for a Bsc in network and computer security.
    As IT manager I was also in charge of information security (there was no other professionals with specific "infosec" duties).
    Do you think I am eligible?

At the linked page there is: "Successful applicant will be required to purchase an exam voucher DIRECTLY from EC-Council through the webstore at Products | EC-Council Store before the eligibility code is released to the applicant."
    what does it mean? I have to spend 500 dollars and risk losing them if my application is rejected?

thanks

Hi, if you will self-study then, you must first fill-up the Exam Eligibility form and have it signed by your Manager. In the form, you must write down your info security-related experiences. The next step is to pay the $100 eligibility fee and another $500 for the exam voucher fee.

But, if you will be attending a formal training class then, the exam eligibility step is not necessary. I believe the exam voucher is included as part of the 5-day course fee. Hope this helps
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    Wagnaard wrote: »
    Money. Lot's of money.

Indeed ... a good Octodecillion of pennies

there is always this & that

• DagistoDagisto Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Indeed ... a good Octodecillion of pennies

there is always this & that

Thank you for the links