Options

CBT Planet RHCA Training

notquitecertifiablenotquitecertifiable Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone used CBT Planet for their Linux training? (RHCA Certification Training Videos on CD - CBT Planet Courses) The full set of RHCA material is quite expensive but still much cheaper than even a single redhat course. I'm a little paranoid when it comes to paying just under 2k to a company whos twitter account has seven followers though ;)

Details of anyones experiences are welcome.

Comments

• Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Sheesh ! Racism I hear in MeatCatalogue's Post ?

Just Kidding. I am not denying the scams that you have heard of but I don't think a generalization is required. - Company is American not Indian or Russian !

As far as the RHCA guide is - My suggestion - Don't buy it. Period. Course is not authorized. I have never heard of the website and In my personal experience getting certified is only possible if you have loads of the required experience. and the books that Redhat gives if you take their class.

If you are just looking for the knowledge. Let me know I will assist you in every way possible !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    MeatCatalogueMeatCatalogue Member Posts: 145
    Sheesh ! Racism I hear in MeatCatalogue's Post ?

Just Kidding. I am not denying the scams that you have heard of but I don't think a generalization is required. - Company is American not Indian or Russian !

As far as the RHCA guide is - My suggestion - Don't buy it. Period. Course is not authorized. I have never heard of the website and In my personal experience getting certified is only possible if you have loads of the required experience. and the books that Redhat gives if you take their class.

If you are just looking for the knowledge. Let me know I will assist you in every way possible !

Not my fault your country is the 3rd world and full of scammers.

In addition, I mentioned russia. The very poor english on this site proves it is not american or from an english speaking nation. Avoid this site.
  • Options
    brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone used CBT Planet for their Linux training? (RHCA Certification Training Videos on CD - CBT Planet Courses) The full set of RHCA material is quite expensive but still much cheaper than even a single redhat course. I'm a little paranoid when it comes to paying just under 2k to a company whos twitter account has seven followers though ;)

Details of anyones experiences are welcome.

I think that this is a scam. They have an address in Tampa,FL but I'm 100% percent sure that this is a private apartment or something like this. If there is a full set of trainings for RHCA why the RedHat (or any of RHCx) does not mention that in any of forum posts/websites and so on?

--
    Regards
  • Options
    gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not my fault your country is the 3rd world and full of scammers.

In addition, I mentioned russia. The very poor english on this site proves it is not american or from an english speaking nation. Avoid this site.
    Вот и непонятно, на кой хер ты Россию сюда приплёл...
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • Options
    brombulec wrote: »
    If there is a full set of trainings for RHCA why the RedHat (or any of RHCx) does not mention that in any of forum posts/websites and so on?

What you said makes a lot of sense. I was sorta hoping it was a new thing that I'd luckily stumbled on. Be nice to have something a little easier to work through than the raw syllabus pages on redhat.com. I emailed their suppor team and heard nothing back so no redeption there either.

What'd make my life a lot easier is if they gave you the course material when you paid rather than when you attended so you could work through it on your own time and use the instructor led parts as more of a deep dive than just a "read chapter 1" kind of thing.
  • Options

I think you're right about the website. As for the course books it's just annoying to have to essentially build your own from reading the syllabus pages and then spending a couple of months chasing all the details down in to your own notes. It does give you quite a deep level of knowledge in prep for the exam but I'd quite like the course material to be available cheaper so I can use it as a base and know where to expand my understanding rather than guess a lot. Still, we work with what we've got :)

Your posts have been quite a kick in the arse for me - it's nice to see someone taking, and acing, the exams.
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    @notquitecertifiable : I have been working on this for a couple of years. Thus all the exams are being taken at once.

I have taken all the required Redhat Classes as in India you cannot attempt the exam without attending the Redhat course.

I still have to take the Performance Tuning which I plan to take in the year 2014. I will try to finish just the RHCDS this year.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja