CEHv7 vs CEHv8

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just curious, has anyone on the TE forums tackled the CEHv8 yet? I see that CEHv7 is still available, but I'm going to be sitting the CEHv8 because it's the newest and shiniest. :)

Also, does anyone know if any major changes between v7 and v8, or is it just updated to reflect the most relevant material?

I see the details of the v8 on EC-Councils website are as follows:

https://www.eccouncil.org/Certification/exam-information/ceh-exam-312-50

So it looks to me like its pretty much identical to v7.

Just curious on peoples thoughts on the v8 exam if they've taken it.
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I believe the addition of the Mobile Chapter is a change. But beyond that I am yet to take the exam. Maybe October.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There is a new module on hacking mobile devices. Supposedly the items on the CEHv8 have been completely re-written. The CEHv7 exam had 150 questions.

I've also made a post in this forum that links to a PDF comparing the objectives of the v7 and v8 CEH certs.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    There is a new module on hacking mobile devices. Supposedly the items on the CEHv8 have been completely re-written. The CEHv7 exam had 150 questions.

I've also made a post in this forum that links to a PDF comparing the objectives of the v7 and v8 CEH certs.

Fantastic! Thanks much!
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration