Advice for Netwok+ ?

ManvirManvir Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my A+ 701/702 2 days ago. I wanted to know how hard is network + and how long will it take me to complete if I already took A+? I want to self study for this test. I ordered Mike Meyers 5th edition book and am wondering is there anything else i can do? Thanks so much. *NETWORK

Comments

• juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mike Meyers and Professor Messer N+ videos should be enough to pass. I'm about to take mine in a few weeks and used both. Also the free practice tests on this website are awesome.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Todd Lammle Network+ guide and Professor Messer videos. Took me about 3 months to pass.
  • ManvirManvir Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am about 5 chapters in and I find that mostly i will have to memorize a lot of models and cables. Anyone that pass the test have any tips on what exactly to study?
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A lot of people actually find Network+ easier than A+. This is because there's probably less to memorize. I found the Trainsignal series and professor Messer's vid series enough to pass the exam. Good luck
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
    Thanks. I passed my A+ about 3 weeks ago. So Net + is up. I am reading the Mike Meyers book and hope to pass by the end of next month.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Manvir wrote: »
    I am about 5 chapters in and I find that mostly i will have to memorize a lot of models and cables. Anyone that pass the test have any tips on what exactly to study?

I didn't pass the exam yet but maybe i can provide a better solution regarding your problem, you may want to download the Exam Objectives page, i am also using it to keep track of what might appear on the exam, once you have the objectives it will make your study process a lot easier and save you a lot of time from focusing on topic that might not appear from the exam but this doesn't necessarily mean that topics that are not covered by the exam objectives are not valuable information to you cert, so when you get a chance go back to those topics and read them just to add value to the certification. All the best of luck for the exam!!!
  • BaackBaack Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its true when they say its a mile wide and a inch deep
    Each test is different because they rotate the questions from a large pool
    Fiber optics and wireless were covered pretty good on my exam
    Good luck!!!
    Thank you. Also do you know when the N10-005 exam will expire?