CEH V8 group study anyone?

sunzealsunzeal Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I am doing my CEH V8 and it would be great, if people would like to opt for group study and can help each other. Skype would be best, but YM, G.Chat etc etc are also options :)

Please post if you are interested.

Comments

• NetivNetiv Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good idea Sunzeal!

If you wanna hangout though i am starting C|EH. I am still fresh and will be up for any recommended links etc.

Wishing you good luck with the Exam.
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    I am interested, I am taking the exam next Friday but I am not entirely confident I will pass, so I would love to join.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm game as well, I have the CWNA coming up this weekend, and the CCNA shortly there after, but CEH was next on my list. Private Message me and we can exchange skype info.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • NetivNetiv Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WilliamK99 | Consider practising more and boost your confidence. It is required ina any Exam and you need to know your stuff.

Which study materials are you using?
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I am in too. But whats the target exam date or month ?
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• sunzealsunzeal Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am not able to send private message, don't know why, maybe it's not enabled for me yet.

We can form a group as such in skype and can discuss issues and solve issues related to CEH.
    I am interested, I am taking the exam next Friday but I am not entirely confident I will pass, so I would love to join.

it would be better if you can be confident first, i guess the re-attempt cost lost of money icon_sad.gif
    I am in too. But whats the target exam date or month ?

don't have precise target as such, buy maybe in 2-3 months.
    Messages sent.

Don't have target date as such, just want to study first icon_sad.gif
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Guys

I would like to join the group, I already read the book and I am using practice exam from Boson, the only issue is the mobile module, not getting information yet.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do this study group ever kick off? If so how do you join as I would be interested?
    Sunzeal was doing the logistics I believe. he did add me on skype though. If need be I dont mind taking the responsibilty of the logistics. If people are in.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

@chanakya :

i had sent private messages to people who replied in this group, but i did not get any replies back except from you.

@ impelse @ cjthedj45

have sent PM, do check it out :)
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Ohhhh Ohhhhh, I want to join the CEH study group!
    Khaos1911 wrote: »
    Ohhhh Ohhhhh, I want to join the CEH study group!

PM sent, do check it, and reply it :P
  • cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Zeal,

I have added you to skype. Where do we go from here? This is the first time I have joined a study group. Do we all need to have an opening chat and see what resources people are using to study the CEH and where people are in there studies. I have literally just started studying the CEH so would be interested to find out what study resources people are using and whats the best way to get started. Let me know your thoughts
    Let us set up a time where most of us can come together and discuss what we have done. What we plan to do and how we plan to go about doing what we want to do.

Let us set up a time where most of us can come together and discuss what we have done. What we plan to do and how we plan to go about doing what we want to do.

We are planning for Google Hangouts. Through that we can have Group Chats including Group Video Chat too. Skype is good but those features are for premium members. I am adding everyone to the Hangout group, we can have group chat there and than fix the common timing for live video chat or similar.
  • cissptstcissptst Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello...

I'm very serious to this... Please PM me..

Waiting to have your reply..
    Welcome to the group.

But I'm waiting to join the group... I have limited time and i need to pass the exam
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you all are interested, I made a study guide/blog-site for myself and anyone else who is studying for the exam. Mine is for v7 but from what I understand, v8 is only adding mobile technology. The books I used for the information are Walker's AIO, the ECC books for the CEH, "old reliable" Google.
    I hope to take the exam in a week or two, pending more (or less) project work at work. Good luck to everyone and if you havent tried it Mnemosyne flash cards are THE way to really sink in the theoretical information. HTH

Here is the link: C|EH v7 Exam Guide | A site to help all learn the objectives for the C|EH v7 Exam
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

thanks bro... I still need to join that group and discuss stuff with people.....
    cissptst wrote: »
    thanks bro... I still need to join that group and discuss stuff with people.....

Great, please check your PM :)

@Breadfan :

Thanks alot for your efforts, i read few chapters and it was very helpful :D:D:D
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sunzeal wrote: »
    @Breadfan :

Thanks alot for your efforts, i read few chapters and it was very helpful :D:D:D

Sunzeal,

Glad I could help. I am hoping work will calm down enough for me to take this exam in the next week or so. After I take it, assuming I pass it, I am planning on taking down that specific blog and start on my next one unless any one of you like it and need it. If so, I'll leave it up as long as you need it. Good luck with it.
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Hey BreadFan, I utilize your blog for my CEH studies. Many thanks to you for creating it! Would you please consider leaving it up until maybe mid to late October? V7 expires on Oct 31, but I hope to take it well before then.

Sunzeal, I'm still having trouble finding the hangout and chat. Please check your PM.
  • jez2cooljez2cool Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please pm me information to join
    @Khaos1991 :

replied back :)

@jez2cool :

I can't seem to be able to send you a PM since your post count is low, it's not allowing me to.
    Hey. Breadfan - When did you do the GCWN ?

• jez2cooljez2cool Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ok ill post some more I Guess
    jez2cool wrote: »
    ok ill post some more I Guess

you can go into my profile , and send me email, i have mentioned it there :)