just got my a plus now moving to n plus.

grave_diggergrave_digger Member Posts: 127
Whats the n plus series we are in now? I bought a sybex book exam n10-004 about four years ago and since am done with a+ I want to quickly get back on a study track and get my n plus.

Got the book four years ago thinking I can apply myself and take the test but I never did.

What books do you guys recommend? I really want to use this book since I paid for it. Am going to start to watch professor messor videos again. I was thinking of getting the cram exam book maybe two month before taking the test.
1776 is the answer to 1984!

Comments

• grave_diggergrave_digger Member Posts: 127
    Also I have very little experience with networking. What time frame do you guys think I should put for the test? What other website do you guys recommend?
  • CDRichardsCDRichards Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the A+ and good luck with the N+

First thing that comes to mind, the new exam is the N10-005 so you'll have to hope someone with more knowledge than me tells you what the difference is. I used one of the All-In-One books and TrainSignal videos and didn't take much time at all. A lot of people say Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Certification Training , www professor messor com , is very good and free videos too icon_smile.gif
    2013 - MTA Networking Fundamentals [x] MTA Security Fundamentals [x] MTA Operating System Fundamentals [x] CompTIA Network+ [x] CCENT [in progress] CCNA [ ]
    Well I can print the n plus objectives. My friends dad is a computer engineer and is certified things like white hat and security. So his my source for good networking.

You have any links to good books to buy? Train signal has books? Or good sources on their website?
  • CDRichardsCDRichards Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2013 - MTA Networking Fundamentals [x] MTA Security Fundamentals [x] MTA Operating System Fundamentals [x] CompTIA Network+ [x] CCENT [in progress] CCNA [ ]
    Wow what coincidence that second book you posted I have the super three book pack but for the 10-004.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the A+ plus. In general, you'll have the best chance of success using a book for the current objectives but if you do a Google search on "n10-004 vs n10-005 differences" you can identify some of the differences between the two. I'd highly recommend you get your hands on at least a wireless access point with routing capabilities (commonly called a wireless router). Many homes and businesses have one and if you don't, they are relatively inexpensive. This will help you understand some of the concepts and getting your hands on it might help you with some of the performance based questions.

How long did it take you for the A+ exams? You can expect the Network+ to take less time. Some people complete both A+ exams in two months and can complete the Network+ exam in a month. Some people complete both A+ exams in six months and can complete the Network+ exam in two to three months. There are really many variables.

Good luck.
    Look this really cool guy Darril did a whole article about the differences of the exams.

blogs.getcertifiedgetahead.com/network-n10-004-n10-005-differences/
    Darril wrote: »
    Congrats on the A+ plus. In general, you'll have the best chance of success using a book for the current objectives but if you do a Google search on "n10-004 vs n10-005 differences" you can identify some of the differences between the two. I'd highly recommend you get your hands on at least a wireless access point with routing capabilities (commonly called a wireless router). Many homes and businesses have one and if you don't, they are relatively inexpensive. This will help you understand some of the concepts and getting your hands on it might help you with some of the performance based questions.

How long did it take you for the A+ exams? You can expect the Network+ to take less time. Some people complete both A+ exams in two months and can complete the Network+ exam in a month. Some people complete both A+ exams in six months and can complete the Network+ exam in two to three months. There are really many variables.

Good luck.

Well I started studying for the a plus back in the first week of April then till August I bought the cram exam book. I reviewed the cram exam fast took my esseintals the 22 and then the practical on the 27th of August.

So now that I feel motivated Am aiming for N plus for December on the last week. If by November the course seem more difficult then what I expected then I will push it to February.

I think Am just going to buy the Comptia n+ 10-005 book and make it easier on me. I feel bad that the other books going to waste.

DO you think I should use the 10-004 and then buy the n+ cram exam just to fill in the areas I missed? I mean has the exam changed that drastically?

DO you have any good book resources? I really dont want to use mike meyers books their too long and over done. I like more straight to the point like the Todd Lammle books.
    Look this really cool guy Darril did a whole article about the differences of the exams.

blogs.getcertifiedgetahead.com/network-n10-004-n10-005-differences/
    Yes. It's my own blog so it isn't appropriate to post the link directly in this forum, but I did recognize that it would be valuable to you. Glad you searched and found it.
    So now that I feel motivated Am aiming for N plus for December on the last week. If by November the course seem more difficult then what I expected then I will push it to February.

That certainly sounds realistic and doable. It took five months for A+ so three months for the Network+ is realistic and you might even find that you can do it sooner.
    I think Am just going to buy the Comptia n+ 10-005 book and make it easier on me. I feel bad that the other books going to waste.DO you think I should use the 10-004 and then buy the n+ cram exam just to fill in the areas I missed? I mean has the exam changed that drastically?
    Buying a new book is a good plan. In general, you'll have the best chance of success using a book for the current objectives. Trying to "fill in" missing points can be tedious and challenging. Also, there are some topics that are dropped so you might be studying older material that is no longer valid or important.

DO you have any good book resources? I really dont want to use mike meyers books their too long and over done. I like more straight to the point like the Todd Lammle books.
    I am working on a Network+ study guide similar to the Security+ study guide but a few challenges have prevented me from completing it yet. I have published several "Kindle Shorts" on Network+ though which are chapters from the book.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP