Options

Vmware workstation 10.0 help

maddy7maddy7 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys,
I'm trying to run the vmware workstation 10.0 simulator for a class and i'm not able to run the virtual machine.
My error says:
This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible.

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution.'

(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.

(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Workstation.

(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

any idea how to fix this?
thanks!

Comments

• Options
    googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    You have to restart the system and go into BIOS to enable it, typically is "DEL" or F2 or whatever pops up for BIOS/SETUP. Look through the menu for Virtualization, typically around where the processor is. Enable it. save it. restart system and try again with vmware workstation.
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    You need to enable VT-x in the BIOS. Google instructions for your motherboard or just poke around.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    And if you cant see VT-x in the BIOS, you need a BIOS update. Of course, do what you'd do before you flash the BIOS and check if your processor even does VT-x. Any processor post-E6550 supports VT-x, AFAIK.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
  • Options
    ok,
    I'm sorry to bother you guys again but the common window shows this every time i power on the virtual machine:

can anyone tell me how to fix this!
  • Options
    Fix what? You need to type your credentials.
  • Options
    I did..but it says incorrect login. Is there any way I can get vmware to connect to the wifi directly without asking for a login and password?
  • Options
    What does it have to do with wi-fi anyway?
  • Options
    I have no idea, but unless I can get that to stop i'm unable to even open a directory in the window!
  • Options
    SimonD.SimonD. Member Posts: 111
    sratakhin wrote: »
    What does it have to do with wi-fi anyway?

That looks like the host name, you did name it correctly when you built it up didn't you?
    My Blog - http://www.everything-virtual.com
    vExpert 2012\2013\2014\2015